About Just Joined group Read more... ×
valueimagery

[SOLVED] Can't Install Mojave Security Update 2019-001 10.14.6

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

Anyone else having issues with the latest security update 2019-001 10.14.6 for Mojave?

Have never had issues updating since 10.14.2 in the past. But this once gets stuck on these last 4 lines:
"
Adding AGDP mode validate property
iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.188) <Warning>: Servuce exited with abnormal code: 1
considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.nke.webcontentfilter trigger reguild
Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.install iMac.Local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd.200) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1
"

The only way to boot is to force shutdown and overide boot from the system volume and bypass the Mac OS Install volume.

Doing a bit of research from similar issues with users and security updates most boot problems are caused/resolved by fixing:

Location of Kexts (virtualsmc in Clover's "/kexts/Other/", latest kexts installed with ##### in L/E/ with cache updated by Kext utility)
The Injection of Kexts (i've tried both detect and inject = yes)
Mismatched Kext (fakesmc + virtual smc both in use, which they are not)
A bad config.plist (works booting the normal system voluem, i've attached)
A graphic injector issue (currently using iMac18,3 + RX580 with the UHD630 in a headless state)
Multiple Drivers Folder - The old clover /driversuefi64/ folder present and conflicting with the latest /drivers/uefi/ folder (only /drivers/uefi/ present)

The only thing that is different from this update than previous updates is that I transitioned to VirtualSMC from previously using FAKESMC/ FAKESMCsensors kexts with previous Mojave releases.

I uninstalled the FAKESMC and all the sensors kexts using terminal and the following command and can confirm they are not present in the Clover "other folder" or the /L/E/ folder.
sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/".....".kext

After transitiong to VirtualSMC I did read with the readme that the VirtualSmc.efi should be placed in the /drivers/UEFI/ folder in clover. So I have added that to the EFI/CLOVER/DRIVERS/UEFI/ folder manually. Can anyone confirm if this is necessary?

I've attached my config.plist file and screenshots of the verbose readout stalling as well.

Any guidance would be great!

KEXTS I'VE INSTALLED IN /L/E/:
WhateverGreen.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
SMCSuperIO.kext
SMCProcessor.kext
Lilu.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
AppleALC.kext
AirportBrcmFixup.kext

configNOSN.plist

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 11.45.48 am.png

IMG_8898.JPG

Edited by valueimagery

Advertisement

I do notice another common error:

updated VERBOSE READING (attached)

com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system

<error>: Could not read path: path = /Library/LaunchDaemons, error=2: No suchfile or directory

<error>: Failed to bootstrap path: path = /Library/LaunchDaemons, error=2: No suchfile or directory

<error>: assertion failed: 18G1012: launchd + 205994 [BBD445B6-FBA9-3A9C-828F-A112F63E2080]: 0X9

<warning> Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Okease switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in()

I've checked my system library and root library folders and there is LaunchDaemons folder present, so not sure why that error would be populating, unless the file needed is not there?

IMG_2392.JPG

Okay so I've reverted to completing formating the APFS system drive.  Created a FAT partition with a mojave installer disk utility and then Made it a APFS again.  Cloned my CCC working clone to the new parition.  Boots fine, no issues, actually faster.

But i still can't update to this latest security update.

@PMheart I found this thread from January where someone had a simliar issue with "kextd stall[1], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'updating Mojave when they never an issue before which required a patch that eventually an updated Clover bootloader fixed.  Is this 10.14.6 2019 security release something similiar that would require a clover update?

IMG_4129.JPG

IMG_4672.JPG

Edited by valueimagery

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By miliuco
      I have Big Sur beta 10 on my system. I also have native NVRAM thanks to SSDT-PMC.aml file.
      I have seen that a nvram.plist file occasionally appears in /System/Volumes/Update volume root folder.

This file has many entries, some of them from past and not current settings (very different of keys founded in Hackintool or with nvram -p command).
      If I delete it, everything seems to work fine. It is not created again at next boot but after an indefinite number of boots, it can be 2 or 3 or more than 20.
      It happens to someone else? Is it something new in Big Sur? Does it mean that maybe I don't have native NVRAM although I think I do?
    • By lizdav
      Hi,

I would like to ask for some advice or help even.

I have had some usability issues in the past with my hackintosh so I installed Mojave for the second time but it keeps producing the same exact problem. Most of the time the system stutters and lags after login. The app icons just bounce if I want to open them and even if it does it takes forever. Another thing I picked up on is that it seems like there's no internet access whenever this occurs. The problem ceases after like 2-3 restarts and everything is back to normal. 

What could cause an issue like this? I had the same thing happening with my previous install but I thought that was because of unnecessary kexts I left in the EFI. I only have the bare minimum required this time so I'm kinda lost.

Computer specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte B360M D3H
      Graphics: Radeon Vega 64 8OC
      CPU: Intel i7 8700k
      Ram: 32 Gig
      SSD: Samsung Evo 860 250gb

I also have a separate HDD with Windows 10 installed for gaming purposes. I would greatly appreciate any kind of help, thanks in advance!

–David

config.plist
    • By Nomade
      Hello All,

It's been a while that I am trying to update my system to 10.15.16.
      The install seem to start, then at reboot time I only see the Normal boot and the Recovery option from the Clover boot menu.
      None of those 2 allow to complete the update.

Is there any ways to force it to install and/or show the "Update" option on the Clover boot screen?

PS: I'm using Z97-Gaming-3
    • By Forzenny
      Hi there,

I managed to install Mojave on my MSI GP62-6QE laptop with somewhat success. The only annoying thing left is that everytime I shut it down it seemingly kernel panics and I get the "Your computer has restarted because of a problem" at startup.

I tried many different things such as removing emuvariablesuefi64, checking FixShutdown in CloverConfig but it seems the NVRAM is causing this issue.

I have deleted the nvram file from the EFI partition but it seems stuck somewhere else, I can't clear out the nvram from the terminal or in single user mode as it returns a "Not permitted" error.
      Clearing out the nvram by pressing F11 at the boot menu screen works however.
      crashlog.rtf
    • By Cyberdevs
      Mac mini 2018 Hackintosh

This guide will help you setup macOS Mojave on your Gigabyte BRIX GB-BSi3H/GB-BSi5H/GB-BSi7H series.

The best macOS version that works flawlessly is macOS Mojave which you can get almost everything to work with not much effort.

Main Specs:
      CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-6100U2.3GHz

Memory: 2 x SO-DIMM DDR3L slots (DDR3 1.35V) 1600MHz Max. 16GB

LAN: Gigabit LAN (Intel i219V)

Wifi Card: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 520
      HDMI Resolution (Max.) 4096 x 2160 @ 24Hz
      Mini DP Resolution (Max.) 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz

Audio: Realtek ALC255

Expansion Slots:
      1 x M.2 slot (2280_storage)
      1 x PCIe M.2 NGFF 2230 A-E key slot occupied by the WiFi+BT card

Front I/O:
      2 x USB 3.0
      1 x head phone Jack
      1 x Mic phone Jack

Rear I/O:
      1 x HDMI (1.4a)
      1 x Mini DisplayPort (1.2)
      2 x USB 3.0
      1 x RJ45
      1 x DC-In
      1 x Kensington lock slot

Storage:
      Supports 2.5” HDD/SSD, 7.0/9.5 mm thick (1 x 6 Gbps SATA 3)

My Specs:
      Intel® Core™ i3-6100U2.3GHz Processor
      8GB PC3L-DDR3 RAM (2x4GB Samsung Memory Modules)
      1 Plextor 250 GB M.2 SATA SSD Disk Drive
      1 Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD

What works:

USB ports:
      All 4 USB ports work perfectly fine with no need for using the custom SSDTs.

Audio:
      Realtek ALC255 Audio codec works with AppleALC.kext (with Lilu) using Layout-id=11 (Thanks to the acidanthera developers (AKA dortania)
      (you can also use these layout-ids: 11, 13,15, 86)

Lan:
      Intel Gigabit LAN (Intel i219V) works with IntelMausiEthernet.kext (Thanks to @Mieze) and IntelMausi.kext fork by acidanthera

Graphics:
      Intel HD 520 works with Whatevergreen.kext

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth:
      Intel Bluetooth works OOB
      macOS Mojave almost supports everything except for Intel Wi-Fi card which can be fixed with itlwm.kext and Heliport application which were developed by OpenIntelWireless project developers (thanks guy/s or gal/s)

Here is the list of supported Intel Wi-Fi adapters that will work with itlwn.kext and Heliport.

About activating the Wi-Fi you need to run the Heliport application which replaces macOS’s built-in Wi-Fi menu and you can scan and connect to all the available Wi-Fi networks around you.
      You need to add the Heliport.app to “Login Items” under the Users & Groups in System Preferences for it to load with macOS.

Another issue with the Intel Wi-Fi and the macOS that I encountered is that the Signal Strength drops but it hasn’t disrupt my network connectivity so far so it could be a bug.

Sleep works fine with macOS Mojave but I had no luck getting it to work on Catalina and Big Sur (I didn't even try that hard to get it to work anyways because I like Mojave better lol).

What not works:
      The only thing that doesn’t work is the AirDrop which is because of the Intel Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and if you replace the Wi-Fi+BT card with a supported Broadcom adapter will work eventually.

Here is the list of macOS Compatible Wi-Fi adapters (thanks to dortania group for the details list)

Thanks to the Clover Bootloader's developers; Thanks to the acidanthera team and everyone else in the Hackintosh community for their hard work and support.

Here is the EFI folder with Clover r5121:
      Gigabyte Brix Mojave Clover r5121.zip