Gigabit ethernet not working

diawollo

6 posts in this topic

I have Intel I218V2 on board and recently bought network card based on Realtek RTL8168E chipset. I've tried every possible kext, spend hours trying to fix this, but no matter what I did my LAN connection is capped at 100mbps. I just cannot get 1Gbps speed on my hack.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger
CPU: Intel I7 4790k
GPU: Radeon RX580

I just bought Symba AQC107 network card which is natively supported in Catalina. I had turn off my computer and disconnect from mains supply to install it. Then on reboot I accidentally connected the cable to the old card only to find that it was receiving gigabit speeds. The new card was also working great.

Now after few days both of the connections dropped again to 100mbps. I've disconnected my computer from mains supply again and it started to work again as it should. The question now is why the speed drops in the first place.

Will watch how often this happens.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for this post.  I recently migrated from cable to 300 Fiber and wasn't getting faster-than-cable-speeds.  Smart phones became blazing fast.  At 1st I thought I had a 10/100 card but saw that I was connected to the mobos port (GbE LAN).  I looked around the BIOS and switched ports.  Low and behold, when I changed from a 50' CAT 5e to a 5' CAT 5e the speed went up to 350.  Thanks Ya'll.