Can't install Mojave - shows 2 minutes when starting to install and resets

king_slavcho

22 posts in this topic

Hi. guys. I wanted to ask you why i can not install Mojave on my pc.. I created the usb disk with the latest clover and it enters the installation setup.. but when it starts to install it after less then 15 seconds the computer restarts.. What can be the problem? The tutorial i followed is from this forum in the section tutorials but for the beta mojave - i guess its not a problem.. I downloaded the mojave os from the app store and created the disk with it.. Then installed clover.. I am attaching the efi folder so you can have a view and tell me what i can do in order to install the mojave os on my PC.. Thankyou in advance :D

The PC configuration is

MOBO: Gigabyte h270 gaming 3

CPU: Intel I7 7700K

RAM: 16GB Kingstone

GPU: sapphire vapor x r9 280x X2

SSD: Kingstone 240gb

EFI.zip

Edited by king_slavcho

3 hours ago, Hervé said:

Your Clover config does not seem entirely appropriate. Using Clover Configurator app, open it up, go to SMBIOS tab and re-select the desired model SMBIOS (should be iMac18,3). Save your config and retry.

Since your desktop is fitted with a Kaby Lake i7-7700K CPU with Intel HD 630 (id 0x5912) iGPU, I also wonder why you inject the following mobile UHD 630 (id 0x3E9B) properties that are meant for Coffeelake laptops using MBP15,1 SMBIOS:

iGPU_properties.jpg.9d2f5080eeb5ebfa127275a2dee2769b.jpg

I think you also need to revisit your set of kexts, I'm pretty sure you inject drivers that are not required:

• AtherosE2200Ethernet / IntelMausiEthernet / RealtekRTL8111 / SmallTreeIntel82576 
  • XHCI-200-series-injector / XHCI-300-series-injector / XHCI-x99-injector

Identify your hardware elements, then inject the relevant kexts. Don't just throw anything you find at it, it's the best recipe for trouble.

Ok thankyou for your advice.. I have done that with the SMBIOS and saved it.. But did not quite understand you well with UHD 630? How do i inject that? Also i removed the drivers that you told me.. The PC still restarts after 15 seconds of the installation process and after that it shows this (the attachment) when you start the partition where the mojave is installed.. What am doing wrong despite the other things hah? Is there something wrong with my installation i mean the mojave.app os? should i find a better app and try the same steps?

20190928_144938.jpg

Edited by king_slavcho

1 minute ago, PPCnostalgic said:

Try another USB memory stick or, if you have none, build your installer on a spare HD. This workaround solved some similar issue to me..... 

Weather forecast for tonight : Misty.....

Will give a try now.. Also i wonder where can i find mojave.app.. i have it in my pc downloaded from my macbook pro but i wounder if it is good and compatible for my desktop? What do you think?

1 hour ago, PPCnostalgic said:

Your Mojave installer app should work fine both your MBP and your desktop, it should be visible in your app folder 

Tried with another usb memory stick and the same problem appears.. What should i try to make it right and install it.. :/

by installing the Clover_v2.5k_r5091.pkg it inserted me one in the efi partition.. also when i open the config.plist i can't see a thing in devices... i really wonder what i am doing wrong? is my clover configurator bad?

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 7.29.31 PM.png

Edited by king_slavcho

On 9/30/2019 at 2:35 AM, ricoc90 said:

Press Command (Windows key)+L to bring up the installer log, save it and post it.

Here.. i saw there was problem with the apfs conversion.. i converted it but the pc still restarts.  :/ i will post a log later..

20191001_001651.jpg

4 hours ago, Hervé said:

Once you've booted your USB installer, format your target drive/partition HFS+ (Journaled), not APFS before initiating the macOS installation. The installer will do the APFS conversion automatically.

It won't.. that is the error that happens when u have formated your partition HFS+.. can't convert it and restarts... :/

Edited by king_slavcho

12 hours ago, PPCnostalgic said:

When I installed Mojave on my Hack(s) it always restarted automatically after 20 - 30 seconds and then the second time the installer completed the job. Did you allow the Installer go on the 2nd time?

Hmmm.. i format the hard disk before proceeding to install it for the second time.. I guess i should not format my hdd and proceed with installing mojave for the second time.. i will try it and write what happens..

• 3 weeks later...