Issue with DispayPort with RX580

iCore

5 posts in this topic

My GTX660 was not working fine with Mojave, so I replaced it with a RX580 (8GB Pulse from Sapphire)

It is working out of the box on the DVI port.

In my clover configuration I only changed the following:
- replaced Inject Nvidia by Inject ATI (obsiously :) )

- added RadeonDeInit

- selected Orinoco as framebuffer (but changing to Dayman did not change anything in the following behavior)

Problem is that when I plugin the DisplayPort screen, Mac OS correctly detects the screen (my DVI screen shows what should be the second screen) but the primary screen (the one plugged in DP) remains black.
Behavior is the same if I boot with DP screen or if I plug it once the system is running

Any advice or suggestion? 

Edited by iCore

3 hours ago, iCore said:

My GTX660 was not working fine with Mojave, so I replaced it with a RX580 (8GB Pulse from Sapphire)

It is working out of the box on the DVI port.

In my clover configuration I only changed the following:
- replaced Inject Nvidia by Inject ATI (obsiously :) )

- added RadeonDeInit

- selected Orinoco as framebuffer (but changing to Dayman did not change anything in the following behavior)

Problem is that when I plugin the DisplayPort screen, Mac OS correctly detects the screen (my DVI screen shows what should be the second screen) but the primary screen (the one plugged in DP) remains black.
Behavior is the same if I boot with DP screen or if I plug it once the system is running

Any advice or suggestion? 

Hi @iCore

Remove any graphics related flags and the frambuffer from config and use Lilu and WhateverGreen.

On 9/16/2019 at 8:17 PM, Cyberdevs said:

Hi @iCore

Remove any graphics related flags and the frambuffer from config and use Lilu and WhateverGreen.

I tried, with the same result :(

At boot time I have 2 screens (DVI + DP) are working with the same thing displayed on both screens
by boot time, I mean bios welcome screen, clover disk selection and text display of verbose mac os starting.

At the time the apple logo should display (along with the "loading" progress bar), both screens become black for one second or two, and then only the DVI screen lights up. 
DP screen then goes to sleep (power led changes color).

The DVI screen displays the wallpaper but not the login screen (which is likely to be displayed on the black screen). 

If I unplug the DP cable from the video card, then mojave detects a change, and switch back to single monitor mode.

But maybe I did it wrong. 
Can you have a look to my clover.plist ? 

My kext folder contains nothing but FakeSMC (in Others) and now Lilu and WhateverGreen (in 10.14)

Thanks.

config.plist

44 minutes ago, iCore said:

I tried, with the same result :(

At boot time I have 2 screens (DVI + DP) are working with the same thing displayed on both screens
by boot time, I mean bios welcome screen, clover disk selection and text display of verbose mac os starting.

At the time the apple logo should display (along with the "loading" progress bar), both screens become black for one second or two, and then only the DVI screen lights up. 
DP screen then goes to sleep (power led changes color).

The DVI screen displays the wallpaper but not the login screen (which is likely to be displayed on the black screen). 

If I unplug the DP cable from the video card, then mojave detects a change, and switch back to single monitor mode.

But maybe I did it wrong. 
Can you have a look to my clover.plist ? 

My kext folder contains nothing but FakeSMC (in Others) and now Lilu and WhateverGreen (in 10.14)

Thanks.

config.plist

The config seems fine, is IGPU enabled in BIOS?

On 9/19/2019 at 7:52 PM, Cyberdevs said:

The config seems fine, is IGPU enabled in BIOS?

Well, I did not find any clear "enable iGPU" option.
Should it be enabled or disabled ? 

Edit: It looks like it is always enabled.
Some google searches show up people asking how to disable it, which seems possible in earlier version of the bios (of course I have the latest :/ ) 

I had the iGPU MultiMonitor option disabled, I enabled it (see screenshot) but no change :(

190920163821.png

Edited by iCore
PNG image instead of BMP