Screen turns like Chessboard and flickering?

telepati

9 posts in this topic

Hi, guys, I don't know what is going on but  I am losing my screen randomly sometimes turn whitish-grey while working and making force restart from the case but know it turns like a chessboard and flickering glitch look. I am using lastest WEG and I also test with without WEG.

Edited by telepati

@C.Frio I have only one display but for my common problem (random screen loss Whitish-grey) I used DVI cable for a week. Probably DVI made this happen. While using HDMI I never get this type of screen problem. On HDMI I always got randomly screen lost (screen turns whitish-grey and I make force restart from the case) while working.  I changed DVI to HDMI again. After changing DVI to HDMI I didn't get this type flicker chessboard screen yet but it doesn't mean it will never happen again. Cause I said before this is happening randomly. We will see what will happen from now on.

BTW, which settings are you using for your RX560?

Edited by telepati

On 8/28/2019 at 8:19 PM, C.Frio said:

hi...

any chance to try the video card on windows? or another video card?

and this is my video settings.no lilu and no weg

705038773_ScreenShot2019-08-28at2_08_39PM.png.82781e238f5eaf3b56d597279fa3a6bc.png

c.frio

5 hours ago, marvelloard said:

Definitely try Windows, it might be a hw issue. Could be bad VRam.

Sorry guys, I am writing a late response to your suggestion as you know this is not a permanent problem, it is happening randomly. Cause I don't know when will happen. Windows also installed on my system and boot with the windows and I used a couple of days with it. I didn't get Chessboard type problem but I loss my screen again. While using the screen turned whitish-grey or just my background color again no icons or cursor fully unavailable. I just made force restart from the case.

Anyway, I decided to send the graphics card to the service. I open an RMA today we will see what will happen after service. BTW, in the meantime, I will use my system with HD630, if this problem still continues with the HD630 that's mean the problem is a totally different part of my system. 

This the look when turns the screen; Generally, I am getting the first one very long time I didn't get a blue one. I also get light green but I didn't take a picture when it happens.

1626513911_BeyazGri.jpg.acaf380250d6deef6231c4090852deab.jpg

Mavi.jpg.502379daab13e3b61b42d84b15e5362a.jpg 

Edited by telepati
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi...

IMHO...if you get issues on osx and on Windows,even randomly,the issue is at video card..in spite of Asus say no...or a bad cable...the problem does not hapens with the 630...so the the bad cable is off..so the alternative is to try another video card...or the pci express of the mb is dirty...just to remember..I'm not an expert..just a curious MD doc..:)

C.frio

Edit..did you try to change the video card to other pci express rail..?

Edited by C.Frio
Add
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 6:34 PM, C.Frio said:

Hi...

IMHO...if you get issues on osx and on Windows,even randomly,the issue is at video card..in spite of Asus say no...or a bad cable...the problem does not hapens with the 630...so the the bad cable is off..so the alternative is to try another video card...or the pci express of the mb is dirty...just to remember..I'm not an expert..just a curious MD doc..:)

C.frio

Edit..did you try to change the video card to other pci express rail..?

I know it isn't, and thank you very much for your help and suggestions. I really appreciate it. I know this is not a PCIE problem because my previous motherboard (Asus Z170-A) also had this problem. I'm going to sell this video card and buy a new video card. If the new video card makes such a problem, the main source of the problem is probably the monitor. Because I changed all my parts. The only thing I haven't changed is the monitor.

• Like 1