NVIDIA driver Titan V for mac os high sierra (17G65)

9 posts in this topic

Hi every body, I am a new user of mac os. I use IMaC late 2017 mac os high sierra 10.13.6(17G65). I want to use Titan V as an external eGPU for molecular dynamic simulation. First I download 

Webdriver-387.10.10.15.15.108.pkg. And it cannot detect my eGPU (I use sonnet breakaway box 350 watts).

My question are : i) what driver NVIDIA is suitable for this mac os version  and it should be compatible with Titan V ii) what procedures should I follow to complete installation and make it working?.

Thank you so much

Teerachat

Hi. Thank you for your suggestion. I installed this driver package and use using window bootcamp then I found that the window can detect the card but it was in external device not in NVIDIA driver. Does any body know that how can I set up it on mac os to let window boot camp that can detect the driver or it is impossible to do.

Thanks guys

Teerachat

10 hours ago, Teerachat said:

Hi. Thank you for your suggestion. I installed this driver package and use using window bootcamp then I found that the window can detect the card but it was in external device not in NVIDIA driver. Does any body know that how can I set up it on mac os to let window boot camp that can detect the driver or it is impossible to do.

Thanks guys

Teerachat

I would suggest digging into https://egpu.io/ website. It's a great source on how to use external gpu's.

As previously mentioned, it's not supported since there are no OS X/macOS drivers for it. So, no, of course no-one could succeed in installing or running the card in macOS...

Did you read this? If your eGPU can take an external display, you may have a chance in Bootcamp/Windows. Can't be sure though. Did you try to install the relevant drivers in Windows?

Edited by Hervé
  • 1 month later...