ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

mchouin

10 posts in this topic

Is there any hope at all for QE/CI and proper VRAM for the ATI x200 chips? I installed Callisto 003 (fixed), and after searching through the forums, I'm afraid that this is as far as I can go until someone releases a driver. With only 16 MB of VRAM and no QE/CI, I'm almost tempted to buy a new laptop or something. Well, if anyone has any news or help they can give me, it would be much appreciated. Also, if someone is testing out a driver, I would be more than willing to be a guinea pig for their project.

post-64277-1164257898_thumb.png

Is there any hope at all for QE/CI and proper VRAM for the ATI x200 chips? I installed Callisto 003 (fixed), and after searching through the forums, I'm afraid that this is as far as I can go until someone releases a driver. With only 16 MB of VRAM and no QE/CI, I'm almost tempted to buy a new laptop or something. Well, if anyone has any news or help they can give me, it would be much appreciated. Also, if someone is testing out a driver, I would be more than willing to be a guinea pig for their project.

post-64277-1164257898_thumb.png

I will try to help you. But let me ask you some questions first.

What version of OSX are you using?

Did you tried Callisto b008?

Did you try to enable your QE/CI by editing ATIRadeon9700*?

If yes let's make sure you did the right thing!

Goodluck!

I will try to help you. But let me ask you some questions first.

What version of OSX are you using?

Did you tried Callisto b008?

Did you try to enable your QE/CI by editing ATIRadeon9700*?

If yes let's make sure you did the right thing!

Goodluck!

Let me answer this one....

Have tried on every version from 10.4.3-10.4.8 (both 10.4.4. and 10.4.8 kernels)

Callisto b008 does not work, the only working one is Callisto Beta 3 (fixed)

Yes I have put the device ID in the 9700 kext as well as trying it in every other ATI kext.

I have also tried the koverg method as well as the Natit project.

The bottom line is there is something about the way the x200 addresses its memory that is different from almost every other modern ATI card out there. There was a huge problem getting this card/chipset working on Linux until ATI actually isssued drivers for it. Until we get a developer who is willing to put in the time and has the skill to either somehow convert the linux driver or program a new one from scratch us x200 people are simply SOL.

If you want to see a record of some of the things we have attempted to get this working you can check out this thread.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...;hl=focus+group

Hi there!

Sorry for what had happened with your forum. I don't want to ask you all the steps you have done, probably you have tried everything! I would like to have a X200 card, so I can start building a driver for it. It's not easy but I would try everything! Let me tell you that I have spent 6 months before I got my osx to work at 100%. So i know exactely how it feels.

Goodluck!

Yeah, I've read all the forums on the x200 chipsets. It's kinda sad that I have to resort to leaving my OS X as it is. But if anyone ever needs me for testing, I'd be more than happy to help. Just out of curiosity, where is this driver for Linux?