safe to copy Clover EFI on SYSTEM partition (windows drive)?

1 post in this topic

hi folks! i'm just checking for opinions here on a Clover based install of High Sierra. currently i can't boot directly from the internal drive on my hackbook, an ASUS ROG GL502-VS laptop (with the replaced WiFi card), though i can boot from the USB bootloader/installer

i installed 10.13.6 fine using a prepared vanilla installer on HFS+ (not APFS), but my configuration is somewhat unusual. i have two drives. the first SSD has the Windows system, the second has two partitions with the 2nd partition holding the macOS system. when i ran Clover installer i could not use the UEFI option to copy to the EFI partition because it couldn't find one on that drive. so it installed the EFI folder on the root of the macOS partition instead.

however, after a bit of tinkering around, i found out that there is an existing EFI partition on the primary drive called SYSTEM. it has a EFI folder and underneath that is a Windows folder, a Boot folder, and one called APPLE. i can mount this partition with Clover Configurator and copy files to it, but i don't know if this is a good or risky solution. i was thinking i would manually copy the CLOVER folder and the uefi64.boot file to this partition , making sure not to overwrite anything existing. using the UEFI setup, i can create a boot path from the SYSTEM partition to the Clover boot file, but i'm just curious if this is a useful solution or not, and i don't want to ruin the existing Windows 10 installation for sure. any advice appreciated!

Edited by metaphysician