HDMI audio does not work on LG Gram 17

Dmitry R

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm trying to setup audio on my LG Gram 17 (17z990, i7-8565, Whiskey Lake UHD620, CX8200). I'm using lilu/whatervergreen/applealc and everything works just fine. I have qe/ci/metal, all discrete audio inputs/outputs working, I also have hdmi video output working, but no hdmi audio. In windows it is working though. I even can't see hdmi audio controller in ioreg when I connect my tv to hdmi port. I tried to use voodoohda and with it I can see hdmi audio output device in ioreg, but it doesn't work. No sound is playing. I attached in separate files ioreg with voodoohda and with applealc as well as clover config, dsdt and some other supportive information. 

Thank you.

debug.zip

voodoohda_dimas_MacBook_Air.zip

12 hours ago, Allan said:

Try using only the patched DSDT, let's see what happens.

Btw, who have patched it for you?

Ok. I left only dsdt.aml in patched folder. Nothing has changed.

New send me file is attached.

dsdt I have patched by myself. There are only battery patch and I2C patches. Nothing else.

Thank you

Send me dimas-Air.xirosterni.home.zip

Edited by Dmitry R

16 hours ago, Allan said:

This week it's very busy for me.

But maybe @MaLd0n have some idea about it ;)

May be.  The problem is that his last visit here was on 25.03.2019 May be you can ask him directly if he's willing to take a look at this case?

• 3 months later...
On 7/3/2019 at 6:06 PM, Dmitry R said:

Hi guys, I'm trying to setup audio on my LG Gram 17 (17z990, i7-8565, Whiskey Lake UHD620, CX8200). I'm using lilu/whatervergreen/applealc and everything works just fine. I have qe/ci/metal, all discrete audio inputs/outputs working, I also have hdmi video output working, but no hdmi audio. In windows it is working though. I even can't see hdmi audio controller in ioreg when I connect my tv to hdmi port. I tried to use voodoohda and with it I can see hdmi audio output device in ioreg, but it doesn't work. No sound is playing. I attached in separate files ioreg with voodoohda and with applealc as well as clover config, dsdt and some other supportive information. 

Thank you.

debug.zip

voodoohda_dimas_MacBook_Air.zip

Can you send me an efi folder?

raven6919@gamil.com