poopypoo

I can't seem to boot into the OS X El Capitan installer with Clover bootloader

20 posts in this topic

I tried maybe everything, the problem here is that: every time I try to boot the OS X installer there is a kernel panic or a prohibited sign appears and I can't seem to fix it.

Ask if you need any more info.

Advertisement

@poopypoo

Hi and welcome to InsanelyMac.com :)

Please update your signature like shown in this topic: 

What are the specs of your rig and which method did you use to create the USB disk?

Posted (edited)

My specs are:

I know it's not relevant but I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate (32bit), but I also have Windows 10 Professional (64bit) on a windows to go drive that I use a lot.

Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @2.26GHZ

3GB System RAM

Nvdia GeForce 9600M GT

And to create the disk:

I downloaded a .dmg file for OS X El Capitan from a torrent, and I used Transmac to write it to my 16gb Sandisk usb drive, since this .dmg doesn't have the bootloader I got Clover Bootloader using a tool called "BootDiskUtitlity" on a second drive a 4gb drive.

I messed with the settings a lot but I reset it to default.

@Cyberdevs

Edited by poopypoo

I never said you're gonna need a Mac to read that topic. That topic is dedicated to installing macOS on LGA 775 Socket rigs and there are plenty of useful information which you can read and learn.

There is a link to a generic EFI folder for LGA775 rigs that might work on your rig as well.

https://olarila.com/files/Clover.Folder/CLOVER.LGA775.zip

Use this and see if that can help boot into the installer.

Posted (edited)

Torrent download, eh? Hmm... :whistle: 

Try and remove the offending Realtek_RTL8111 kext since that's what your system seems to complain about. Then, it would greatly help if you would:

• post your full system's model and specs, including make and model of LAN card, audio, wireless, etc.
  • post a zipped copy of the Clover EFI folder you've installed on your USB installer. It's probably most inadequate and requires substantial tuning to match your system's specs.

@Cyberdevs, it's a laptop so a generic EFI folder for LGA775 desktop is not the most applicable setup. In addition, most HP laptops require the Lapic patch.

An EFI folder for C2D/nVidia laptops of that same would be more suitable. In fact, it can be easily derived from existing boot packs for systems such as these:

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/8645-dell-latitude-d630-with-core2duo-and-nvidia-quadro-nvs-135m-el-capitansierra/

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/10370-dell-latitude-d830-with-core2duo-and-nvidia-quadro-nvs-135m-mavericksyosemiteel-capitansierra/

NB: Penryn P8400 CPU + nVidia GeForce 9600M GT GPU of that HP laptop are compatible with macOS up to High Sierra.

Edited by Hervé

Thanks @Hervé 

I didn't realize that it was a laptop ;-) otherwise I would have asked for the laptop's model instead of the mainboard model.

No worries :P Key pointers were P8400 C2D CPU (a mobile Penryn model) + GeForce 9600M GT (a mobile version of G96C GPU).

Posted (edited)

Ok, so your HP laptop (DV9000 or something similar?) carries the following hardware specs:

• Intel Penryn C2D P8400 @2.26GHz, FSB 1066MHz
  • Intel 45 Series PCIExpress chipset with ICH9 I/O controller
  • nVidia GeForce 9600M GT GPU (10de:0649)
  • IDT 92HD71B7 High Def Audio (111d:76b2)
  • Realtek RTL8168C/8111C GigEthernet interface (10ec:8168)
  • Intel 5100AGN wireless (8086:4237)
  • Synaptics Touchpad
  • USB2.0 ports
  • Firewire 1394 controller
  • JMB38X SD card reader (197b:????)

Edited by Hervé

Posted (edited)
  • The GeForce 9600M GT will be supported OOB.
  • The IDT 92HD71B7 audio should be supported with patched AppleHDA or, ideally, Lilu + AppleALC kexts and the appropriate layout-id injection.
  • Realtek RTL8168/8111 LAN card should be supported with the right RTL8111 kext.
  • Intel 5100AGN wireless is unsupported and will need to be replaced by a compatible mini or hal-mini PCIe card or USB dongle. You can refer to this inventory for guidance. Subject to eventual HP whitelisting of course, so check your laptop's documentation/spare parts list for reference.
  • Synaptics TouchPad should work with the relevant PS2 controller kext. Try this one for instance. Failing that, look at Rehabman's PS2 controller kext.
  • Firewire 1394 controller should work OOB, as usual.
  • JMB38X SD card reader should work with JMB38X kext but will probably only work if Firewire is disabled (very common due to shared IRQ).

'will look at your EFI folder a wee bit later but it's clearly not for your HP laptop and needs major revamping, especially the Clover config.

Edited by Hervé

I have to inform you I'm not an expert at this stuff, so I will need guidance to set everything up.

I got the el pwn version of el capitan, and I boot with the boot flag \hp in darwin bootloader but I can't move my mouse and I only see a gif telling me to power on my mouse (apple mouse)