Fail to use OpenCore to boot Windows

stevezheng

8 posts in this topic

Hi, first of all, I'd like to extend my hearty thanks to the team's hard work. The reason why I don't post this topic in OpenCore Discussion room because I don't have access to reply in that room.

I successfully boot into macOS, but when I choose BOOTCAMP Windows, the boot loader returns a critical error. `IgnoreForWindows` option do not work for me.

Also, when I first come in OpenCore boot page, it shows `OCS: Failed to parse real field of type 1`, and quickly disappears.

Here's my config.plist, and hope for suggestions. 

P.S. My device is running in UEFI mode.

config.plist

Edited by zhengshiqi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Solved. I accidentally turn off HPET device. After I enable it, I successfully boot into Windows.

BTW, I find that _OSI -> XOSI rename + SSDT-XOSI would cause blue screen in Windows. I replace that patch with other tiny hotpatches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zhengshiqi said:

Solved. I accidentally turn off HPET device. After I enable it, I successfully boot into Windows.

BTW, I find that _OSI -> XOSI rename + SSDT-XOSI would cause blue screen in Windows. I replace that patch with other tiny hotpatches.

I've noticed that renames doesn't work, in my case for example EHC1 to EH01. I consider renaming manually in my dsdt or I don't know wait for some kind of fix?:help:

Edited by hardcorehenry

1 minute ago, hardcorehenry said:

I've noticed that renames doesn't work, in my case for example EHC1 to EHC01. I consider renaming manually in my dsdt or I don't know wait for some kind of fix?:help:

Because ACPI grammar only allow 4-character device name, you can try rename EHC1 to EH01 instead of EHC01.

For example, 

<key>Find</key>
<data>RUhDMQ==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>RUgwMQ==</data>

It was misprint :blink: corrected. My patch looks like this and it simply doesnt work:no:ren.png.2a8da166382dbc47d22f75eba2cd7e54.png

reg.png.28b471332efbe46b56c4b191436b741e.png

Edit:Solved!!! I did was I was going to, renamed all referances EHC1, EHC2 to EH01, EH02 manually in my dsdt. Everything works, can wake my PC with mouse.

Edit:Problem with USB was ultimately SOLVED with Legacy_USB3.kext and SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml (no renames needed). Thanks developers for amazing work!

Edited by hardcorehenry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/21/2019 at 6:45 PM, stevezheng said:

Hello, Steve. Can you please share those tiny hotpatches and your DSDT/SSDTs so I can see how they are applied?

Renaming your device *just* in DSDT will not rename it in other tables, e.g. in SSDT. This leaves undefined references to your device and effectively makes Windows crash (no idea why macOS eats it in the first place).

You should leave TableSignature empty or have multiple patches for all sorts of tables you need. Please read the manual properly next time, this should be relatively obvious from TableSignature description.

• Like 2