Kernel Panic. Need help in diagnosis!

8 posts in this topic

Hi Forumers!

I just started InsanelyMac today so please correct me wherever I am wrong in this forum.  I just tried to dual boot Mojave and Windows via Clover and met a kernel panic while booting Mojave from Clover. I need help to determine the cause of kernel panic and would like to know what to look out for to diagnose kernel panic myself next time. If necessary, I will research on how to retrieve KP logs from clover. 20190503_235848.thumb.jpg.9c3256e40fdc7382582d0f815d87ff4b.jpg

Hi @Sadly Harry and welcome to InsanelyMac.com :)

Please update your signature as explained in the following topic so people can help you easier.

It would also be good if you provide some background information on how did you create the installer. 

I don't know if it is allowed to post links on this forum thread so correct me if I am wrong.

I followed the guide and relevant links on the website that guides me to dual boot Mojave with clover. https://hackintosher.com/guides/mac-os-mojave-hackintosh-clover-walkthrough-10-14-install/

One of its guide recommended setting to imac 14,2 to solve problem with ivy bridge Hd4000. I am currently away from my computer so I will post my clover efi later. My inspiron model is Dell Inspiron 14z 5423. Cpu:I7-3537u Gpu:AMD HD7570M and Intel Hd4000. No info on lan and audio because away from laptop. Will update info in a few hours.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Edited by Sadly Harry

18 hours ago, Hervé said:
  1. Specify your Inspiron model and specs (CPU, GPU, LAN, audio, etc.).
  2. Post a zipped copy of your Clover EFI folder.

Posted picture shows that you're using iMac14,2 SMBIOS which is inappropriate for a laptop. You should be using MacBook or MacBookPro SMBIOS. We can't say more under the present conditions until you post the required information.

My Clover file is as attached. I have not consult the forums about this issue as this thread is my first. I will follow the suggestions you have listed and will report my findings. Thanks a lot. 

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiwDRaem-fKsgfxTuEFS_98ezA5o4g

I am apologise if I am not allowed to post external download links. The maximum upload limit here is 10 MB but my Clover file is 14 MB.

Ok, I have attempted all the three suggestions as stated above. Now there isn't a kernel panic but the following error. I have researched that it is a less serious error and I believe I am nearly a stable boot. Attached is the Clover file after all edits.

CLOVER.zip

Further attached is a photo of the screen after it was stuck. I Googled and i found out that AppleACPICPU could be due to the absence of FakeSMC.kext. However, it is there in clover so this was not the case. Maybe it is due to my dual gpu that vause the last line problem. Any ideas on how to proceed? 

20190505_182406.jpg

Thanks Herves for the continued guidance.

I have tried the above three suggestions but was still stuck at the black screen. I was stuck at the UNSUPPORTED CPU UNSUPPORTED CPU UNSUPPORTED PCH but I was impatient and power off my laptop, thinking it would not successfully booted. Tomorrow, from my time zone, I will work on the last two suggestions and attached is my clover file.

CLOVER.zip

Latest updates: I have done the two suggestions and it worked! I got Mojave installation screen to appear, (although it takes very long per boot due to the kexts stalling for 3 minutes thrice). As I wish to dual boot Windows and MacOS, I partitioned a 50gb space for Mojave and formatted it to pure APFS. (I also preemptively expand my Efi partition from 100mb to 200mb). However, when I attempted to Install MacOS Mojave, the laptop will reboot suddenly when there is " 2 minutes remaining" and 75% progress bar. I tried this twice and it rebooted and the same spot. About 6gb of space is taken up after the second time of installation (I don't know about the first). While I do my personal research, I would massively appreciate if anyone could help me out. Thanks in advance.