Need help, please

Viperbite74

3 posts in this topic

Hello guys,
I'm not

new to hackintosh projects, but this time an installation drives me crazy. The main hardware on whitch I'm trying to intall MacOS as follow:
MSI X58M Motherboard (MS-7593)
Intel W3690 CPU (Gulftown)
Graphic card MSI Nvidia GTX 970
I tried both Sierra and High Sierra, but with no luck.
I set the mobo bios properly, as follow:
Disabled VT-d
Hpet disabled
Onboard IEEE1394 disabled
Com port disabled
Sata mode set to AHCI
ACPI funcion enabled with S1 standby state
The machine reads the pendrive created with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], but once the installer launched the installation hangs for a couple of minutes and after that the computer reboots. I noticed that in verbose mode a series of + appears before rebooting, nothing more.
I suspect an incompatibility with the motherboard rather then the cpu, since the W3690 matches the Xeon processors.
I'd like to know if anyone has run into the same issue, before purchasing a new motherboard or cpu.
Any help is highly appreciated.
Davide.

Hello there,

first of all thanks a lot for the prompt reply and the help; I didn't know about the app Oralila (a new world opens to me:idea:). I'll read carefully the guide before proceeding with the installation. I pay attention to not infringe any rule of the site and I apologize if I did it without realizing it.

P.s.: sorry for my bad English, I try to express myself in the best way I can.:rolleyes:

Have a nice day to everybody.