Clover on Aspire TC-605

krrkrr

4 posts in this topic

Hello everybody..

I'm trying to hackintosh a Acer Aspire TC-605 ... I've read that some people hack this machine to Yosemite and Capitan, but I need Sierra.

I made some hack years ago... and I'm a bit rusty, obviously. I made my install usb key, as always ... downloaded clover (2.4k r4910), installed it on the EFI of the usb key... and Add the usual kext (Fake SMC, NullCpuManagement, ether drivers...) as I was used to.

Then I used Clover Configurator to add verbose mode and kext dev mode... and I boot into clover, but I can't boot into installation.

I got a line of cross and nothing else....  I've tried several arguments, to no avail...

CPU: i5-4440@3,1 ghz, IntelGraphic HD4600, 8 gb RAM...

I'm using a DataTraveler G4 8Gb usb key... plugged into a usb2 port...

VT-d and Secure boot were disabled in the BIOS, of course.

Thanks for any help ! (-:

OK...  usually I'd like to know what I'm doing and in case, well, I don't, but ok... I just followed the guide, and replaced my clover Folder with the one provided. Granted, the boot goes a little bit further... but then I got a non-stop list of crashes (Process[xxx] crashed: configd (ou autre)). Too many corpses being created) interlaced with disk3s1: 0x3e8 ... it goes on and on for more 25 minutes now...

(bad sense of humour ON: anyway I should use it as visual for a IDM mixing set, that would fit nicely)

Update: I made another attempt with Olaria... this time, using Etcher and Sierra img disk with Olaria installed in it. I've dl-ed the torrent, de-bz2'ed the img and flash it to an 32 gb usb key.

It boots ! Right now, I'm installing Sierra. I'll keep you posted.