Asus Bios 2012.

MorenoAv

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Finally my new build is ready and i made a mistake again, updated the bios because at last minute i bought a I5 9600K CPU instead of a i5 8600k, for that reason i had to update the bios to the famous bios 2012 and i can+t install macOS and im stuck with Windows.

Don+t mind my rant, but the reason that brings me here is trying to know if i downgrade the bios to 1404 that is the version before 2012 supports my 9600k...

Thanks in Advance

Edited by MorenoAv

14 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi all,

Finally my new build is ready and i made a mistake again, updated the bios because at last minute i bought a I5 9600K CPU instead of a i5 8600k, for that reason i had to update the bios to the famous bios 2012 and i can+t install macOS and im stuck with Windows.

Don+t mind my rant, but the reason that brings me here is trying to know if i downgrade the bios to 1404 that is the version before 2012 supports my 9600k...

Thanks in Advance

Hi, there is finaly solution for bios 2012...

A solution for ASUS new bios ver. 2012

15 minutes ago, darthsian said:

Hi, there is finaly solution for bios 2012...

A solution for ASUS new bios ver. 2012

Thanks @darthsian,

You are my savior, definitely Windows 10 sucks big time, the experience to go back to windows is awful...

Thanks again and again...

hi @ellaosx,

No error but the hack didn't boot, no Mather what I tried, and after seeing the problems related from various users in the forum that can't be named here, I didn't try very hard... but prepared myself to re flash the bios to the 1404 and made the usb necessary.

IMG_0116.jpeg

Edited by MorenoAv

3 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Strange that an older Bios version supports newer CPU

Maybe ASUS stuffed up by the sound of things.

Hi @STLVNUB,

I Had little hope that was the case, but I heard and seen stranger stories, an when in doubt we ask :))...

Thanks

hi there,

here I am again, and this time... in Mojave again with my ssd from the other hack and it booted right away after following the tip from dartshian, the hack didn't boot from my install usb, but booted with my previous config... and I have sound internet and wifi, but don't have acelaration and have artifacts because my UHD 630 only have 7MB... and the sound is horrible.. time to fix this...

Thanks again guys