Z390 High Sierra Install Quits with 2 minutes left....

11 posts in this topic

Hopefully someone can help.  Google returned 1 hit that had any resolution to the issue and it was the guy bought a new motherboard.  So I am trying to install High Sierra on my new motherboard after my Z97 died (Sierra install) and a lot of grief, I've gotten to the installer.... I am getting the following error (stolen from the web, but my error screen is the exact same);

adIaJig.thumb.jpg.9ef17f78a1981f627cc4c52a3b7e0db0.jpg

I am installing onto a 7200rpm 2tb Seagate drive (SATA in AHCI mode).  I am using a usb drive with the newest clover from the website, with a iMac17,1 smbios.  Nothing fancy.  With Fakesmc.  Any insights from anyone would be appreciated.

I'm on Linux at the moment but there is a lot of stuff missing in the plist

Run CloverConfigurator and load your plist into it.

Look through all the sections and Google is your friend.

You could probably use my plist, when I get back to Mac I will do that with your SMBios added

But that won't be till tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

I'm on Linux at the moment but there is a lot of stuff missing in the plist

Run CloverConfigurator and load your plist into it.

Look through all the sections and Google is your friend.

You could probably use my plist, when I get back to Mac I will do that with your SMBios added

But that won't be till tomorrow.

Thank you, I would appreciate that. I also figured out that windows for some reason hijacked the EFI partition of that drive.  So, I am going to have to wipe EVERYTHING and only hook each drive up one at a time installing each os (Windows and Mac OS).  I really hate windows....

Can you capture the boot process on your phone OR more pix and upload here.

Your pix is tail end of problem.

• 2 weeks later...