Jump to content

EFI Agent v1.3.2 (menu bar utility)


44 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Simple, low resource, efficient and no frills tool to mount EFI partitions.

 

Features:

- Shows EFI disks to mount / unmount and open in Finder

- Shows disk icons and color-coded partition scheme

- Shows boot EFI partition (uses IODeviceTree:/chosen/boot-device-path if IODeviceTree:/options/efi-boot-device is unavailable)

- Shows link for APFS containers to physical store and vice versa

- Shows device name if media name is not available

- Mount / unmount, eject and open context menu for partition scheme table

- Tools to delete APFS container or converting HFS to APFS

- Shows notifications on disk actions

- Percentage bars show space used on mounted partitions
- Drag the position of the splitter to adjust the table views

- Launch at Login option

 

Download EFI Agent

MountEFI01.thumb.png.32d7585bcde560af2eb3b36a7613b36e.pngMountEFI02.thumb.png.00f65b47130330ed6dbdcf1684f97497.png

Edited by headkaze
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, insanelyDeepak said:

yeah sure 

 

i was referring to @headkaze since the bug should be solved in the code of the app, but if you want to try my mounter as well i will pm you, my bad if it wasn't clear who i was referring to

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

 

i was referring to @headkaze since the bug should be solved in the code of the app, but if you want to try my mounter as well i will pm you, my bad if it wasn't clear who i was referring to

exactly , you can send me 

 

if you guys are using TableView then are methods you can detect which cell is selected and change it's object properties 

 

i never made a menubar app , but i can remember there were methods 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, insanelyDeepak said:

exactly , you can send me 

 

if you guys are using TableView then are methods you can detect which cell is selected and change it's object properties 

 

i never made a menubar app , but i can remember there were methods 

 

 

the bug is simple: all the object with the drwasBrackground attribute set to false will have thir background set to that trasparecy, and to be honest menu apps have a lot of issues, for exaple spinning progress indicators on some mac versions magically disapper or do not animate at all (it seems to be fixed in mojave btw) , so you have to be really carefoul and make a lot of tests on different mac os versions with those apps, if you are working in swift you would test it at least in yosemite or later (or on all the versions you want to support)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

It's a iknown bug with the menu apps, since i am working on a similar kind of tool, can i pm you?

Sure, no problem.

12 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

 

the bug is simple: all the object with the drwasBrackground attribute set to false will have thir background set to that trasparecy, and to be honest menu apps have a lot of issues, for exaple spinning progress indicators on some mac versions magically disapper or do not animate at all (it seems to be fixed in mojave btw) , so you have to be really carefoul and make a lot of tests on different mac os versions with those apps, if you are working in swift you would test it at least in yosemite or later (or on all the versions you want to support)

I use a "View Based" NSTableView. Are you saying I need to set the "Draws Background" attribute to true? For NSTextField or NSTextFieldCell or both?

NSTableViewTransparancy.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, headkaze said:

Sure, no problem.

I use a "View Based" NSTableView. Are you saying I need to set the "Draws Background" attribute to true? For NSTextField or NSTextFieldCell or both?

NSTableViewTransparancy.png

 

just look for all the ui elements which suffer from that trasparency issue and set for each of those the attribute drwasbackground to true and then set the backgroud color accordingly to what is used for the parent view, that's really it, minly all the text based controls suffers from this but other ui objects can suffer, so watchout

 

in my case it happend mainly with NSTextFields

 

a lazy solution i used for my swift app is:

 

	for c in self.view.subviews{
            if let l = c as? NSTextField{
                l.drawsBackground = true
                c.backgroundColor = (c.superview! as NSView).backgroundColor
            }
        }

which just does what i described you for all the textfields in my view controller's view, i used this approach ebcause i prefer a code-based approach, and the code is made generically to work with other views as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

just look for all the ui elements which suffer from that trasparency issue and set for each of those the attribute drwasbackground to true and then set the backgroud color accordingly to what is used for the parent view, that's really it

What seemed to work best for me was to set the NSTextFields' to drawsBackground=YES and set the backgroundColor alpha to 0. I also set the NSTableView backgroundColor alpha to 0.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, headkaze said:

What seemed to work best for me was to set the NSTextFields' to drawsBackground=YES and set the backgroundColor alpha to 0. I also set the NSTableView backgroundColor alpha to 0.

 

yes that works as well, the important thing is the drwasbackground and then to set the background color accordingly.

 

Ihope i helper you, i will pm you for an opinion about the similar tool i am developing, for any help i am here as well

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MountEFI v1.0.2 Released

- Shows full color-coded partition scheme

- Mount / open buttons are now graphical icons

- Added a link for APFS containers to show physical store disk name

 

 

Edited by headkaze
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, insanelyDeepak said:

all is good but same quit button must be outside IMO 

I checked all my menu bar apps and none of them have an exit button on the actual window. I just uploaded MountEFI v1.0.4. I moved the settings button up to the top so it takes up less space and added a Device Name column for the EFI Partitions list so it's easier to tell what drive it's on.

Edited by headkaze
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, headkaze said:

I checked all my menu bar apps and none of them have an exit button on the actual window. I just uploaded MountEFI v1.0.4. I moved the settings button up to the top so it takes up less space and added a Device column for the EFI Partitions list so it's easier to tell what drive it's on.

good atleast noticeable

 

2109480828_ScreenShot2019-03-04at9_39_40PM.png.52d61cb8fc9e89a5c8134c429eafd824.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...