CMOS resets on a Z370 board (Boot Failure Detected)

Lord Kamina

4 posts in this topic

Got a GA-Z370-HD3P, i7-8700, Rx580 and a Samsung 960 EVO; it's running 10.14.3 and everything is working perfectly including sleep (although even the computer appears to power down completely, I like being to wake it via keyboard/mouse/usb, even if that might not be vanilla behavior)

Anyway... the problem is, I've been experiencing the CMOS resets of doom; i.e. I get the [icode]Boot Failure Detected: The System has experiecned a boot failure possible due to incorrect configuration.[/icode] They don't happen on restart, nor do they happen on shutdown, nor do they happen on wake/sleep. I've tried those several times, even letting the hack go to sleep for a couple hours before waking it in between reboot cycles.

CMOS is apparently only being reset when the computer is powered-off and disconnected from mains.

Any idea what could cause this other than a dead battery?

Could it actually be related to my Mac/Clover setup if it's only happening during a cold boot?

I'm ruling out the battery because it's giving 3.12V, which seems pretty much ok for a cell rated at 3V.