Mojave AMD Ryzen 7 and Vega 64 Gigabyte installation step by step guide

karthiksh1989

3 posts in this topic

can somebody walkthrough with the mojave installation guide?

i have a mac high sierra 13.6 version on my macbook pro and want to install mojave on my desktop

Exact config is Gigabyte gaming wifi 7 motherboard amy ryzen 7 2nd gen 2700X processor Gigabyte G1 8GB grapgic card VEGA 64

running 2 nvme Samsung 256gb cards and 1 intel 180gb ssd internal and 1tb WD HDD, with 64 GB 3200Mhz Ram

https://wa.me/919611736534 (whatsapp)

7 hours ago, karthiksh1989 said:

can somebody walkthrough with the mojave installation guide?

i have a mac high sierra 13.6 version on my macbook pro and want to install mojave on my desktop

Exact config is Gigabyte gaming wifi 7 motherboard amy ryzen 7 2nd gen 2700X processor Gigabyte G1 8GB grapgic card VEGA 64

running 2 nvme Samsung 256gb cards and 1 intel 180gb ssd internal and 1tb WD HDD, with 64 GB 3200Mhz Ram

https://wa.me/919611736534 (whatsapp)

A couple of things the WiFi is intel and won’t work, you can change the module and get it working with added Kexts.    The Intel drive is that a Optane?  Those won’t work and will crash the setup.   

Everything else can be made to work using the AMD kernel.   

Its easiest to to use a USB to Sata adapter, name the disk (Sata SSD) Mojave andbload it from the MacBook.   It will cycle through (if the MacBook is compatible for Mojave) for about 3 reboots.  Then the final boot will panic.   That’s ok just remove the drive and start the MacBook normally and then attach the drive to edit it.   

Go to the AMD kernel development thread for Mojave kernel and prelinkedkernel kernel as well as System kext etc... 

after swapping those out run a kext tool like kext wizard then load clover into the Mojave disk (make sure to check the target you don’t want to load clover onto your MacBook EFI partition.   

You should look at the AMD Sierra or High Sierra guides on the forum and read up before you try Mojave, it’s still experimental.