Dual monitor not working Vega 64 Nitro+

pipoland

13 posts in this topic

I am not lazy so I read several articles on the forum for this problem, but after 14 days I am desperate.
I will donate or pay someone for his time if someone could help me.

I can install Mojave 10.4.2 or HS 10.3.6 with one monitor setup but I am not able to connect a second one.
My Vega has 2xDP and 2xHDMI. As my monitors are 2560x1600 I want to use DPorts, but only the first DP works.
If I connect the second monitor, I am getting a black screen just before the login screen.

On the same hardware I am able to run dual monitors with NVIDIA Titan Black on Sierra.
But I want to switch to Vega because of no NVIDIA support for the future.

What I've already tried:
- clean install of MacOS Mojave/HS
- I am using SMBIOS iMac 14,2, because newer iMacs SMBIOSes don't work for me
- I've tried also SMBIOS MacPro 6,1 because some users reported success with dual monitors
- I've tried WhatEverGreen and Vegagraphicsfixup.kext in /L/E
- and I've tried several patches what I've found on the forums...

I don't know if WhatEverGreen needs some keys or framebuffers etc., I don't have integrated Intel Graphics at all.

One last thing: I have a DSDT.aml for my mainboard from one user. I did not make it alone because it is about my knowledge.
I used it for 3 years (in 10.11 and 10.12) because I my USB ports doesn't work without it.
I don't know if this has an influence on the Vega graphics too???

Please, please, if someone can help me... thank you.

ASUS P9X79WS, Intel i7 4930K 6 core Ivy Bridge-E, Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+ 8GB HBM2

DSDT.aml.zip

config.plist.zip

Edited by pipoland

8 minutes ago, pipoland said:

I am not lazy so I read several articles on the forum for this problem, but after 14 days I am desperate.
I will donate or pay someone for his time if someone could help me.

I can install Mojave 10.4.2 or HS 10.3.6 with one monitor setup but I am not able to connect a second one.
My Vega has 2xDP and 2xHDMI. As my monitors are 2560x1600 I want to use DPorts, but only the first DP works.
If I connect the second monitor, I am getting a black screen just before the login screen.

On the same hardware I am able to run dual monitors with NVIDIA Titan Black on Sierra.
But I want to switch to Vega because of no NVIDIA support for the future.

What I've already tried:
- clean install of MacOS Mojave/HS
- I am using SMBIOS iMac 14,2, because newer iMacs SMBIOSes don't work for me
- I've tried also SMBIOS MacPro 6,1 because some users reported success with dual monitors
- I've tried WhatEverGreen and Vegagraphicsfixup.kext in /L/E
- and I've tried several patches what I've found on the forums...

I don't know if WhatEverGreen needs some keys or framebuffers etc., I don't have integrated Intel Graphics at all.

One last thing: I have a DSDT.aml for my mainboard from one user. I did not make it alone because it is about my knowledge.
I used it for 3 years (in 10.11 and 10.12) because I my USB ports doesn't work without it.
I don't know if this has an influence on the Vega graphics too???

Please, please, if someone can help me... thank you.

DSDT.aml.zip

config.plist.zip

What is your system specs?

21 minutes ago, pipoland said:

ahh sorry, I added my specs to the first post (i had them in my profile only :-)

Please upload your entire EFI folder. If you have any 3rd Party kexts installed in either S/L/E or L/E please move them to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder before uploading. 

Here is an EFI folder that should be correct enough for your system, add your CPUPM SSDT and DSDT to it but nothing else.

EFI.zip

Edited by Pavo

Thank you for your help!

I deleted all extra kexts from L/E (see screenshot). I ran KextUtility for permission repair and new cache.

Then I replaced the EFI with yours, I added only my DSDT.aml. I don't have my own SSDT (I didn't need one in the past).

I can't boot even to single monitor, too many errors and after it hangs for 60 sec. a reboot follows. (see photo).

I am attaching my original EFI after 10.4.2 clean install - with this I can boot o.k. to single monitor

and Vega works o.k. with single monitor. I am not able to upload more then 10MB, so here is an external link.

https://ufile.io/e6oqb

I did a test with Windows10 (God, I hate Windows :-) just to check Vega with 2 monitors, everything worked, so my hardware is o.k. 

Lib Exten.png

IMG_1458.jpg

Dual 4k @ 60Hz working on a RX 580 using both display ports, to get this to work I needed Lilu.kext and WhatEverGreen.kext. Nothing fancy done in config.plist. it just works

Note, HDMI and DVI ports do not give me the resolutions I needed so I don't use them.

2 hours ago, pipoland said:

Thank you for your help!

I deleted all extra kexts from L/E (see screenshot). I ran KextUtility for permission repair and new cache.

Then I replaced the EFI with yours, I added only my DSDT.aml. I don't have my own SSDT (I didn't need one in the past).

I can't boot even to single monitor, too many errors and after it hangs for 60 sec. a reboot follows. (see photo).

I am attaching my original EFI after 10.4.2 clean install - with this I can boot o.k. to single monitor

and Vega works o.k. with single monitor. I am not able to upload more then 10MB, so here is an external link.

https://ufile.io/e6oqb

I did a test with Windows10 (God, I hate Windows :-) just to check Vega with 2 monitors, everything worked, so my hardware is o.k. 

Lib Exten.png

IMG_1458.jpg

My bad I forgot to remove the SSDTs from another setup in the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder. You should remove all of those, just add your DSDT there. With the EFI gave you it uses VirtualSMC so there is no need for FakeSMC anymore but you should only need to move the AppleIntelE1000e Kexts to EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder and delete that and FakeSMC from L/E and repair permissions.

4 hours ago, pipoland said:

Thank you, I will try tomorrow because I am not behind this computer for today.

I really appreciate all your help !

Here is your original EFI folder with the changes that I have made.

EFI.zip

what is AGPMInjector.kext ?

for what it's worth, this is my kexts folder

Kext folder

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

EFICheckDisabler.kext

FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext

FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext

FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext

FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Lilu.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

WhateverGreen.kext

9 minutes ago, Donw35 said:

what is AGPMInjector.kext ?

for what it's worth, this is my kexts folder

Kext folder

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

EFICheckDisabler.kext

FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext

FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext

FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext

FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Lilu.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

WhateverGreen.kext

AGPMInjector.kext is an injector kext that my app AGPMInjector generates to handle proper Graphics Power management. 

• Like 1