daniel_iversen

How do I get ATI/AMD Radeon HD 5570 graphic card working on High Sierra (10.13.6)?

1 post in this topic

Hi there,

TL;DR; Any idea on how I can get an ATI Radeon HD5570 graphics card working on High Sierra?

I just installed High Sierra, and I read it was supposed to be “Out of the Box” to get these AMD/ATI cards working, but it’s been very hard and I’ve read like 100 articles and done a million experiments to no avail.

The card is built in to a HP TouchSmart 610-1030a touch screen PC, and the symptom/problem is:

- I can at best get a decent resolution at best, but no acceleration (I'm testing with the Chess app but can visually see it everywhere) and the OS only detects 7MB memory whereas it has 1GB.

I’ve tried a combination of:

- OOTB (then there’s no detection really)

- Clover setup in “Graphics” tab - combination of these settings:

- Inject ATI

- Load VBIOS/patch VBIOS

- Entered my card details (what I thought) - vendor ID 0x1002, product ID 0x68d9, FBName “Eulemur” or “Baboon”

Also;

- I have Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext

- I've got the "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" file deployed in my drivers64UEFI folder 

- Tried using “downgraded” (from Sierra) versions of kexts AMDRadeonX3000.kext, AMDRadeonX3000GL.Driver.bundle, IOAccelerator2D.plugin, IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext (I think my wifi disappeared with the IO ones which makes sense I suppose)

At worst in the "About this Mac" it just says "Display 3MB" (and often with poor resolution), and at best it says "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5570 7 MB" but with no acceleration (and no recognition of the 1GB VRAM).

Any ideas of what I’m supposed to do? I don’t really get all the stuff I read about patching and rolling my own kexts etc but my impression was that after Sierra I wasn’t supposed to do that for the AMD/ATI cards.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By blxkspell
      Hey!
      As I have 3 Monitors connected, my RX 570 gets arround 50°C while ideling/ web browsing etc. The problem is, that this temp is apparently just the threshold, when the fans start to spin. So the fans start spinning for a minute then they stop for a while again... This is very annoying for me as the rest of my hackintosh is nearly quiet (SSD, 120mm low RPM cpu fan, nearly silent PSU,...), especially when Im using the pc to revise for school. Does somebody know wether its possible to "change" the threshold till the fans start spinning? Like it would probably not be a problem for the gpu at all, if the temp rises to 55°C but therefore be soundless....

• By golden eagl
      Hi everyone,
      I'm struggling with installing driver of my graphic adapter on high Sierra but till now I failed to find a solution to my issue ....
      My PC configuration is .
      CPU : AMD A8-5500 APU with integrated Radeon 7560 
      RAM : 8G    
      I tried to download a tool from tonymax website and after I used it I unable to login to my Mac high Sierra so I installed high Sierra again .....

Any help with this issue
      Thanks in advance 

• By Bright Joe
      Hi there,

I'm new to Hackintosh and I installed Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 (Build 17G65) on my PC.

I have installed Mac OS using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Basically, I have installed the latest Nvidia Web Drivers for my build. But my GTX 950 is still not detected by the system. And it shows NVIDIA Chip Model 8 MB. However, using Inject Nvidia shows up my GPU but it's all glitchy as usual.

I checked my config.plist and nv_disable=1 is enabled. I tried unchecking it and rebooting, but after the Mac OS loading screen, there's a black screen with pixelated codes which I can't see. And it stays stuck until I reboot. Every time I tried to boot, the same black screen until I checked nv_disable=1 again.

Can you guys help me out with this? I'm new to Hackintosh builds and I have no idea how to fix this. 

My system specs:

Intel Core i7 3770  Zotac GTX 950 GDDR5 2 GB Samsung EVO 860 250 GB SSD (SATA III) Intel DB75EN Motherboard 16 GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM.  
      I'm using a HDMI cable. Graphics settings in BIOS is set to PEG. 

I'm also attaching my config.plist file for you guys to see.
      config.plist
    • By karthiksh1989
      can somebody walkthrough with the mojave installation guide?
      i have a mac high sierra 13.6 version on my macbook pro and want to install mojave on my desktop
      Exact config is Gigabyte gaming wifi 7 motherboard amy ryzen 7 2nd gen 2700X processor Gigabyte G1 8GB grapgic card VEGA 64
      running 2 nvme Samsung 256gb cards and 1 intel 180gb ssd internal and 1tb WD HDD, with 64 GB 3200Mhz Ram

https://wa.me/919611736534 (whatsapp)
    • By corbrink
      Hi,
      I have the following system:
      - Gigabyte Z370M-D3H M-ATX
      - Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake
      - Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 4GB
      - Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4
      - 960 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD
      - 850 EVO 500GB SSD
      - Crucial 500GB SSD
      - The 2 500GB SSD's run in Raid for data storage.
      - Western Digital 3TB HDD - Time machine
      - EFI here (too large to attach): EFI.zip

Questions:
      1. I have a dual screen running from Radeon card, 1 on DP and 1 on HDMI. The one screen on DP goes randomly blank from time to time. Any ideas?
      2. I've read that the kexts should preferably be installed in /library/extensions. I would like to know what kexts should remain in the EFI. I read that you should install FakeSMC in both locations (EFI and L/E). If I follow this route must I change something in the config.plist?
      3. USB info in System Information (attached does not seem correct. I've followed the changes suggested but I'm not sure if this is the best it can be.
      4. Are there something in the EFI and config.plist I don't need or doing wrong?

Feedback will be appreciated.