Intel HD520 on El Capitan with DVMT 32MB and Without WhateverGreen or DVMT patch Success

Andres ZeroCross

18 posts in this topic

, i just curious how Asus A456UF can get QE/CI of Intel HD 520 without DVMT 64MB (just use 32MB in BIOS) in El Capitan 10.11.6. No need WhateverGreen (if use WhateverGreen will get Kernel Panic about Framebuffer), no kext to patch about AppleIntelSKLFramebuffer.kext, no IntelDVMTFixUp.kext.

This the videos to prove it, or it's normal to get QE/CI of Intel HD 520 with DVMT 32MB with ig-platform-id = 0x191B0000???

I will upload IOREG and CLOVER folder laterThis is Clover Folder and IOREG Output. I just want to ask, is this normal?? maybe @RehabMan, @vit9696 and other can explain this.

CLOVER.zip

alfanzed’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Hi, i just curious how Asus A456UF can get QE/CI of Intel HD 520 without DVMT 64MB (just use 32MB in BIOS) in El Capitan 10.11.6. No need WhateverGreen (if use WhateverGreen will get Kernel Panic about Framebuffer), no kext to patch about AppleIntelSKLFramebuffer.kext, no IntelDVMTFixUp.kext.

This the videos to prove it, or it's normal to get QE/CI of Intel HD 520 with DVMT 32MB with ig-platform-id = 0x191B0000???

I will upload IOREG and CLOVER folder later

This is Clover Folder and IOREG Output. I just want to ask, is this normal?? maybe @RehabMan, @vit9696 and other can explain this.

CLOVER.zip

alfanzed’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

Even with DVMT locked, but using Rehab plists and WEG and Lilu, Full QE/CI works. Tested on Intel HD 520, 530, 620, 630, UHD 620, UHD 630.

16 minutes ago, The Tech said:

Even with DVMT locked, but using Rehab plists and WEG and Lilu, Full QE/CI works. Tested on Intel HD 520, 530, 620, 630, UHD 620, UHD 630.

I didn't use WEG and patch to DVMT,, just use 32MB DVMT. It should not QE/CI, but it should Kernel Panic about Min Stolen Framebuffer. 

I asked, why the system can boot normal without WEG and just use DVMT 32MB. Did you understand about my questions here??

2 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I didn't use WEG and patch to DVMT,, just use 32MB DVMT. It should not QE/CI, but it should Kernel Panic about Min Stolen Framebuffer. 

I asked, why the system can boot normal without WEG and just use DVMT 32MB. Did you understand about my questions here??

Yeah, sometimes, the ASUS Laptop can use both. 32MB and 64MB. I've tested couple of it. And both of them offers QE/CI. I tested it from Sierra, HS, and Mojave. Since HS, i'm using WEG and Lilu.

1 minute ago, The Tech said:

Yeah, sometimes, the ASUS Laptop can use both. 32MB and 64MB. I've tested couple of it. And both of them offers QE/CI. I tested it from Sierra, HS, and Mojave. Since HS, i'm using WEG and Lilu.

Did you know about DVMT Pre Allocation patch and Min Stolen patch for Broadwell above??? Did you really know my questions???

9 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Did you know about DVMT Pre Allocation patch and Min Stolen patch for Broadwell above??? Did you really know my questions???

Mate, i know these. Not a kid here. I know what DVMT is. And OS X/macOS requires more than 32MB to boot otherwise a kernel panic would be there. Even for a 4K,OHD, UHD panel, the DVMT needs to be unlocked. It can be unlocked via BIOS options like ASUS. If not possible, using EFI Shell. If both unavailable, using a Framebuffer patch in Kexts To Patch, or Devices>Properties (Mojave), can be achieved. I hope you this clears your confusion about me that i don't know about DVMT. 

EDIT: Your config.plist is a mess.

Edited by The Tech

2 minutes ago, The Tech said:

Mate, i know these. Not a kid here. I know what DVMT is. And OS X/macOS requires more than 32MB to boot otherwise a kernel panic would be there. Even for a 4K,OHD, UHD panel, the DVMT needs to be unlocked. It can be unlocked via BIOS options like ASUS. If not possible, using EFI Shell. I hope you this clears your confusion about me that i don't know about DVMT. 

I am not confuse,, i asked why??? it should kernel panic. Because ig-platforfm-id = 0x191B0000 use more than 32MB total DVMT. I need to ask, why this can happen??? I am not asking "Can we qe/ci with 32MB or not". I am just ask, WHY this can be happened???

1 minute ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I am not confuse,, i asked why??? it should kernel panic. Because ig-platforfm-id = 0x191B0000 use more than 32MB total DVMT. I need to ask, why this can happen??? I am not asking "Can we qe/ci with 32MB or not". I am just ask, WHY this can be happened???

Cause, it's being set by BIOS. And why this ig-platform will have errors? It's a valid platform id for all 5XX series for Laptops.

Just now, The Tech said:

Cause, it's being set by BIOS. And why this ig-platform will have errors? It's a valid platform id for all 5XX series for Laptops.

BIOS is use 32MB DVMT, not set to 64MB. It should kernel panic like other notebook (locked bios notebook is use 32MB preAllocation DVMT as default)

2 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

BIOS is use 32MB DVMT, not set to 64MB. It should kernel panic like other notebook (locked bios notebook is use 32MB preAllocation DVMT as default)

Yes, i understand this logic. And there should be kernel panic. But the size is being set from BIOS. That's the reason. I tested this on my old Broadwell Laptop. And it worked fine with Sierra.

2 minutes ago, The Tech said:

ig-platform-id 0x191B0000 have this binary
00002002 = 34MB

00005001 = 21MB

Total = 55MB,,, 

So the total DVMT must be 55MB above or 64MB at BIOS, or use patch. If not,, kernel panic will occur

• Like 1

ig-platform-id 0x191B0000 have this binary
00002002 = 34MB

00005001 = 21MB

Total = 55MB,,, 

So the total DVMT must be 55MB above or 64MB at BIOS, or use patch. If not,, kernel panic will occur

Correct.

Also, i doubt, why El Capitan?

Try Mojave and also let me know about the results. 

Then why with 32MB at BIOS,, Kernel Panic is not happened?? It should kernel panic like other notebook. I didn't use WhateverGreen or binary patch to avoid min Stolen requirement. So i need to ask about this.

5 minutes ago, The Tech said:

Yes, i understand this logic. And there should be kernel panic. But the size is being set from BIOS. That's the reason. I tested this on my old Broadwell Laptop. And it worked fine with Sierra.

Broadwell notebook should use Min Stolen patch, or WEG (with patch in Device -Properties and inject patch). I have HP 15-AC169TX here.

4 minutes ago, The Tech said:

Correct.

Also, i doubt, why El Capitan?

Try Mojave and also let me know about the results. 

This is not my laptop,, it's my friend notebook. He ask El Capitan. And i found this

3 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Then why with 32MB at BIOS,, Kernel Panic is not happened?? It should kernel panic like other notebook. I didn't use WhateverGreen or binary patch to avoid min Stolen requirement. So i need to ask about this.

Broadwell notebook should use Min Stolen patch, or WEG (with patch in Device -Properties and inject patch). I have HP 15-AC169TX here.

This is not my laptop,, it's my friend notebook. He ask El Capitan. And i found this

I sold my old Notebook already. Got new ones.

Okay

I have installed many Notebook and PC, you can see here https://www.andresha.com/installed-hackintosh-system

All Broadwell above,, need WEG + config.plist to use DVMT patch except Haswell and below. But this is new case to me. I need to search about explanation. Sorry for bad english

1 minute ago, The Tech said:

Couple of months ago, i tested HD 520 on my friend's Laptop. HP Laptop. And it worked fine. No WEG, no Lilu. and no Framebuffer patch.

This is my old post,,,, i need to manual patch of DVMT. I use 0x16260006 as ig-platform-id,, 

• Like 1

This is my old post,,,, i need to manual patch of DVMT. I use 0x16260006 as ig-platform-id,, 

I remember this. And even Thanked you for this. On a HP Laptop, i used the same patches and ig-platform-id.