Success for the Z390 Gigabyte. Specs follow:

16GB DDR4 Corsair

i7-9700 CPU

Asus Radeon 580

SSD 1TB

SSD 512GB

SSD 128GB

How I did it.

I had a working HighSierra and boldly just booted in the new MB+CPU. jaja. Well, it did not work. Googled and found somebody had a Z370 and posted his EFI folder. Saved my EFI and replaced it with the Z370 one.

Boldly, again, rebooted and ... it worked, mostly!!!!. So now I am in High Sierra with my new Hackintosh. Cool. Some sound problem, long story short, there is a kext, replaced and SOUND.

What works

Graphics, not the built in HDMI, but the Radeon card. ALL ports, I have 4 screens

USBs all, 3.0,3.1,2.0

Ethernet port

Sound with a new kext

Track Pad with bluetooth dongle

Wifi external Card

What does not work

Built In HDMI.

Wifi Built In. I guess it will NEVER work. To "windows" style to ever be used by Apple.

Built In Bluetooth which is related to the WiFi above.

Attach is the Clover Folder of the EFI (too big to attach). Has the required Kexts and driveruefi

Migrate to Mojave

Well, incredible as it may sound, just double click on the Install Mojave OSX, you need to download, and just go thru the process. Just one loss, the external WiFi, seems it is not supported by Mojave. Copied from HighSierra the IO802...kext and the IONetworkFamily.kext. Worked.

Clean Install Mojave

Many tuts about it, used one found in youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdRSYogDygs, which uses a batch process to create the usb installer, etc. Follow it. Simple.

Again, use the kexts given in the Clover folder attached. One finished with creating the usb installer, open the EIF partition and change the Clover folder to this one.

Install New Mojave with USB Installer

Do the process of installing and when finished install the Clover boot loader (watch the video). After that again change the Clover folder in the EFI partition with this one.

Results

1) Migrate from HighSierra to Mojave. Just change the Clover folder in the EFI partition and Install OSX Mojave app.

2) Mojave Installer. Create USB installer, install Clover boot loader and change Clover folder in EFI partition.

3) New Mojave Install. Install via Mojave Installer, install Clover boot loader and change Clover folder in EFI.

Hope it helps.

CLOVER.zip

Advertisement

I have a similar build but I have the XFX Radeon RX580 and i7 8700k. I always seem to get stuck at the 2 min download when it comes installing macOS mojave. You think I should install high sierra first?

On 2/4/2019 at 7:41 PM, CaptureTone said:

I have a similar build but I have the XFX Radeon RX580 and i7 8700k. I always seem to get stuck at the 2 min download when it comes installing macOS mojave. You think I should install high sierra first?

Me too, its driving me nuts... Z390 Taichi, RX590, Samsung M.2 NVME 250GB... I am stucked for last 3 days..

I had the problem with Aourus Radeon RX 580 8GB gaming, only work HDMI, and I need multimonitors, when plug the dvi-d, shows flawsy,

Edited by kochfede

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      ---USB---
      https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/simple-skylake-usb-fix-no-kexts-required/

---CLOVER FOLDER---
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-clover-folder-for-all-chipsets/

--MOBO
      GigaByte Z390 M Gaming

--PROCESSOR
      Intel Core i9-9900K

--COOLER
      CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120R RGB

--MEMORY
      Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB)

--GPU
      Sapphiretech Radeon RX 590 8 GB GDDR5

--SSD
      Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 Flash Drive

--POWER SUPPLY
      EVGA 750 N1, 750W

--WIRELESS
      TP-Link Archer T9E

--BLUETOOTH
      Orico BTA-403

--CASE
      Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 10 ID -DMAC -REMOVE 22K LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -MIKEY -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

--BruceX--

--USB-C-- test with SanDisk Ultra USB-STICK 128gb

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By MrPaulfpv
      Hi Im am a complety noob on this of the hackintosh world, and with all im from spain so its difficult.
      I have installed HIgh SIerra woth Aorus Z390 pro wifi, 16GBRam, 8700K, GTX 1060
      I have succesfully follow the guide from Dortania.
      But i`ve figured out i need a patch for mi SSDT-PLUG acpi to work well on mi mobo,. i will link it.
      Then hardware aceleration doest work, ive iltalled nvidia web drivers and lilu and watervergreen are wonking properly, tested witrh comands on Dortania GUide NVRAM works too.
      and for the best part im having freezes that are sooo anoying. Ya i need so much help im asking for a lot but.
      The help will be so much appreciate it.
      good night guys. Have a nice year.
      SSDT-PLUG.aml

• By alexbohariuc
      Hey guys, I'm new here, so hello world!

Here we go. 
      I have the following configuration:
      Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 i9 9900K Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ Corsair Vengeance 64GB 3000Mhz Corsair H150i PRO (disconnected from the internal USB) Samsung Evo 970 1 TB - Catalina Install Intel 660p 1tb - simple storage drive  
      I have the latest Catalina version installed with OpenCore 0.5.8 Bootloader.
      I have followed the guide, and also relied on this EFI, since I have the same hardware: https://github.com/cmer/gigabyte-z390-aorus-master-hackintosh

When idle the pc freezes - becomes unresponsive and my router disconnects from the internet (Archer C9, connected via PPPOE user/pass).
      Besides the freezing issue, which I’m not sure where it comes from, the internet disconnection just puzzles me. Any ideas?

Things I tried so far:

Reset NVRAM Disabled cfg lock Removed the BT BCM94360CS2 from the internal USB port (solved the sleep issue) Removed IntelMausiEthernet.kext and disabled the NIC in BIOS - saw some similar problems related to this Used Vgtab to generate the power table for the video card (Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+)  
      Also, before OC bootloader is loaded I get this message, but otherwise boots normally:
      OC: Setting NVRAM 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:rtc-blacklist - Not Found

I'll try replacing IntelMausiEthernet.kext with IntelMausi from Acidanthera, but I don't think it will make any difference since disabling the NIC and removing IntelMausiEthernet didn't do anything.
      Delete the entries from Add and Block in config.plist to remove the NVRAM error above - although since it boots I don't think it's related to my freezing issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    • By char543
      Hey all, hope you’re well :-)

Writing this from a phone so apologies in advance for formatting errors etc.

I’d like to build / am in the process of building a new machine. I started, then my mobo died and had to be rma’d and that put things on hold for a while..

Now things are are back on track here’s what I’m looking at. 

I would like the system to boot Mac OS for music etc and as main / general os, Windows for gaming and Linux for development etc.

Heres the hardware I’m looking at - when I was looking at this previously I had set it up with clover but am definitely looking to go opencore this time around.

Gigabyte Aorus Pro / Aorus Pro WiFi 
      Intel 9700k
      Corsair 650w PSU
      CoolerMaster ML240L
      MSI Air Boost Vega 64
      970 evo 1TB (Mac)
      Intel 660p 512GB (Windows)
      Crucial BX500 120GB (Linux)
      2TB Barracuda or WD Blue (Storage)
      Fenvi FV HB-1200 WiFi / Bluetooth 
      Aerocool Cylon Case

I wanted to rival next generation games consoles and get a newer GPU but I will not be using Catalina due to the removal of 32 bit support. Therefore I think the vega is about as good as I can get with Mojave, and it will still work fine in windows for gaming etc. 

What are your thoughts on the above hardware ? 

Hack/Mac-able? / With opencore ?

Any Issues I may encounter ?

I think I have most of the drivers / kexts for opencore together already but I’m obviously unable to progress with the ssdt files without the hardware. Wanted some advice on whether or not it’s doable before I splash the cash 

I’ll also add to this thread / move it appropriately as the build progresses, hopefully smoothly

peace & thanks in advance :-)
    • By bread.io
      Hey everyone!
      Got my first build up and running a few days ago, and while almost everything works perfectly, I'm experiencing some odd sound quality issues. I'm currently listening to my audio through the 3.5mm jack on the front of my case. The sound quality sporadically jumps from being muffled to clear and is also a bit staticky.
      I've dug into a number of different scenarios that sound similar to mine, but I hoped that someone here might be able to give me more clarity.
      Here's a sample of the issue: https://clyp.it/xyfxysf2
      Config.plist: https://pastebin.com/BStEGbpe
      My hardware:
      CPU: Intel i9 9900k
      GPU: Radeon 5700 XT OC
      RAM: Corsair ddr4 32GB (2x16)
      Motherboard: Z390 Designare LGA1151

Any help is really appreciated!