Success for the Z390 Gigabyte. Specs follow:

16GB DDR4 Corsair

i7-9700 CPU

Asus Radeon 580

SSD 1TB

SSD 512GB

SSD 128GB

How I did it.

I had a working HighSierra and boldly just booted in the new MB+CPU. jaja. Well, it did not work. Googled and found somebody had a Z370 and posted his EFI folder. Saved my EFI and replaced it with the Z370 one.

Boldly, again, rebooted and ... it worked, mostly!!!!. So now I am in High Sierra with my new Hackintosh. Cool. Some sound problem, long story short, there is a kext, replaced and SOUND.

What works

Graphics, not the built in HDMI, but the Radeon card. ALL ports, I have 4 screens

USBs all, 3.0,3.1,2.0

Ethernet port

Sound with a new kext

Track Pad with bluetooth dongle

Wifi external Card

What does not work

Built In HDMI.

Wifi Built In. I guess it will NEVER work. To "windows" style to ever be used by Apple.

Built In Bluetooth which is related to the WiFi above.

Attach is the Clover Folder of the EFI (too big to attach). Has the required Kexts and driveruefi

Migrate to Mojave

Well, incredible as it may sound, just double click on the Install Mojave OSX, you need to download, and just go thru the process. Just one loss, the external WiFi, seems it is not supported by Mojave. Copied from HighSierra the IO802...kext and the IONetworkFamily.kext. Worked.

Clean Install Mojave

Many tuts about it, used one found in youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdRSYogDygs, which uses a batch process to create the usb installer, etc. Follow it. Simple.

Again, use the kexts given in the Clover folder attached. One finished with creating the usb installer, open the EIF partition and change the Clover folder to this one.

Install New Mojave with USB Installer

Do the process of installing and when finished install the Clover boot loader (watch the video). After that again change the Clover folder in the EFI partition with this one.

Results

1) Migrate from HighSierra to Mojave. Just change the Clover folder in the EFI partition and Install OSX Mojave app.

2) Mojave Installer. Create USB installer, install Clover boot loader and change Clover folder in EFI partition.

3) New Mojave Install. Install via Mojave Installer, install Clover boot loader and change Clover folder in EFI.

Hope it helps.

CLOVER.zip

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/4/2019 at 7:41 PM, CaptureTone said:

I have a similar build but I have the XFX Radeon RX580 and i7 8700k. I always seem to get stuck at the 2 min download when it comes installing macOS mojave. You think I should install high sierra first?

Me too, its driving me nuts... Z390 Taichi, RX590, Samsung M.2 NVME 250GB... I am stucked for last 3 days..

• 3 weeks later...