Success for the Z390 Gigabyte. Specs follow:

16GB DDR4 Corsair

i7-9700 CPU

Asus Radeon 580

SSD 1TB

SSD 512GB

SSD 128GB

How I did it.

I had a working HighSierra and boldly just booted in the new MB+CPU. jaja. Well, it did not work. Googled and found somebody had a Z370 and posted his EFI folder. Saved my EFI and replaced it with the Z370 one.

Boldly, again, rebooted and ... it worked, mostly!!!!. So now I am in High Sierra with my new Hackintosh. Cool. Some sound problem, long story short, there is a kext, replaced and SOUND.

What works

Graphics, not the built in HDMI, but the Radeon card. ALL ports, I have 4 screens

USBs all, 3.0,3.1,2.0

Ethernet port

Sound with a new kext

Track Pad with bluetooth dongle

Wifi external Card

What does not work

Built In HDMI.

Wifi Built In. I guess it will NEVER work. To "windows" style to ever be used by Apple.

Built In Bluetooth which is related to the WiFi above.

Attach is the Clover Folder of the EFI (too big to attach). Has the required Kexts and driveruefi

Migrate to Mojave

Well, incredible as it may sound, just double click on the Install Mojave OSX, you need to download, and just go thru the process. Just one loss, the external WiFi, seems it is not supported by Mojave. Copied from HighSierra the IO802...kext and the IONetworkFamily.kext. Worked.

Clean Install Mojave

Many tuts about it, used one found in youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdRSYogDygs, which uses a batch process to create the usb installer, etc. Follow it. Simple.

Again, use the kexts given in the Clover folder attached. One finished with creating the usb installer, open the EIF partition and change the Clover folder to this one.

Install New Mojave with USB Installer

Do the process of installing and when finished install the Clover boot loader (watch the video). After that again change the Clover folder in the EFI partition with this one.

Results

1) Migrate from HighSierra to Mojave. Just change the Clover folder in the EFI partition and Install OSX Mojave app.

2) Mojave Installer. Create USB installer, install Clover boot loader and change Clover folder in EFI partition.

3) New Mojave Install. Install via Mojave Installer, install Clover boot loader and change Clover folder in EFI.

Hope it helps.

CLOVER.zip

Advertisement

I have a similar build but I have the XFX Radeon RX580 and i7 8700k. I always seem to get stuck at the 2 min download when it comes installing macOS mojave. You think I should install high sierra first?

On 2/4/2019 at 7:41 PM, CaptureTone said:

I have a similar build but I have the XFX Radeon RX580 and i7 8700k. I always seem to get stuck at the 2 min download when it comes installing macOS mojave. You think I should install high sierra first?

Me too, its driving me nuts... Z390 Taichi, RX590, Samsung M.2 NVME 250GB... I am stucked for last 3 days..

solution: drivers64UEFI --> emuvariable+osxfree2000

NO aptiomemoryfix

Posted (edited)

I had the problem with Aourus Radeon RX 580 8GB gaming, only work HDMI, and I need multimonitors, when plug the dvi-d, shows flawsy,

Edited by kochfede

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sl0wtarget
      Whether my updated but old installer, a fresh installer or from the hard drive, this is as far as it gets and I simply can't figure it out. That last line is the end of the boot sequence all the time.

I might have to swap the Z370 back in (only swapped it because I can't get into the BIOS, it only presents a black screen otherwise it was working fine)

Thanks a ton in advance.

EDIT: Reinstalled the Z370 and it boots again. I wish I had a lot more time to figure it out.

• By evilshot
      Добрый день! Работает все, кроме встроенного WiFi/Bluetooth( нет модуля, не могу проверить). Сижу пока на USB Wi-Fi TL-WN722N, в дальнейшем собираюсь покупать модуль от MacBook.
      Железо:
      Процессор i5-9600k Материнская плата ASRock z390 Phantome Gaming 6 Встроенное видео: Intel HD Graphics 630 - ok, аппаратное ускорение работает Дискретное видео: Планируется покупка Встроенная сеть: Intel I219V - ok Встроенная сеть: Dragon RTL8125AG - нет драйвера Встроенный WiFi: - Bстроенный Bluetooth 5.0: - Встроенный звук: Realtek ALC1220 - ok SSD: M2 WD green 128gb Память: 24 Gb DDR4-3000 Full-HD монитор - HDMI - подключен к встроенной видеокарте - ок USB 3.0, 3.1, 3. 1gen2-ok Аппаратный NVRAM - не работает, решается тем, что кловер необходимо ставить с EmuVariableUefi - ок. Много усилий и времени заняла настройка биоса в мат плате. Это того стоило. Конечно же не обошлось без добрых людей, которые помогали в ходе установки, настройки загрузчика и системы. Mojave стоит в качестве основной системы, Windows на виртуалке. Прикрепляю загрузчик, Legacy USB, Backup биоса, версии 4,10.
      Вам остается только, вписать модель iMAC( какая вам больше подойдет, у меня сейчас iMac 19.1) и завести iСервисы (FaceTime,imasseges,и т.д.)
      Желаю удачной установки системы
      Фото настроек биоса 
      https://cloud.mail.ru/public/3xd9/2Xtpm64zq
      OSX.BIN.zip
      EFI.zip
      FixUSBPort_AsRockZ390_PG6.zip
      Mojave10,14,6.BIN.zip
    • By MaLd0n
      ---INSTALLATION TUTORIAL---

---Original Post---
      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9172

---USB---
      https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/simple-skylake-usb-fix-no-kexts-required/

---CLOVER FOLDER---

CLOVER.zip

--MOBO
      GigaByte Z390 M Gaming

--PROCESSOR
      Intel Core i9-9900K

--COOLER
      CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120R RGB

--MEMORY
      Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB)

--GPU
      Sapphiretech Radeon RX 590 8 GB GDDR5

--SSD
      Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 Flash Drive

--POWER SUPPLY
      EVGA 750 N1, 750W

--WIRELESS
      TP-Link Archer T9E

--BLUETOOTH
      Orico BTA-403

--CASE
      Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 10 ID -DMAC -REMOVE 22K LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM / REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -MIKEY -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

--BruceX--

--USB-C-- test with SanDisk Ultra USB-STICK 128gb

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By kujobeans
      Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra
      Intel i7 8700
      Geforce GTX 760
      16Gb Ballistix DDR4

I've built several computers including 7 hackintoshes (since snow leopard) and this build has me stumped.
      Have tried many methods on many boards including BIOS tweaks and kexts but every time I do I get to the bootloader choose the USB drive and then I'll get several lines in verbose mode and then the prohibitory sign and stuck. Thoughts?
      Any help is appreciated.
      Thanks
      Kurt

• By JackRabbitSlim
      Hi everyone,
      This is my first hackintosh. To be completely honest there's still a lot I'm trying to figure out... And considering I can't even get the installer to begin, seems like there's something I'm just not understanding. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I've specced the machine based on a multiple successful builds I've seen in various vanilla forums.
      I've set the recommended BIOS, double-checked, but can't even get to an installer screen despite following a Vanilla guide from a popular hackintosh youtuber.
      (Not sure if her links can be mentioned, posted etc... Just playing it safe since this is my 1st post...)

THE BUILD:

Gigabyte Z390 Designare
      i9 9900k
      Sapphire Radeon RX580 Pulse - 8 GB
      G.Skill TridentZ 3200 - 64 GB
      Samsung EVO 840 (This is a scrap drive. Planned on using it to get the build running first, then cloning my MP 5,1 HS image after.)
      Other Stuff: Bluetooth, USB, iGPU, etc not important yet... Current goal is just to get the machine booting... I'll focus on WIFI/BT etc after...

I've tried multiple SMBIOS profiles, (listed below). All of them prevent me from even booting the installer with the message below.
      At this point I'm wondering if the issue is HS related, or if there's a step that, although obvious to some, isn't obvious to me and overlooking somehow.

Message returned when attempting to boot the installer. (Pic attached):

This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!
      Reason: Mac-AA95B1DDAB278B95

I also get an error when I click update in Clover saying: Package is incompatible with this version of OS X and may fail to install
      ^ Seems like this indicates I've missed a step or done something wrong?

Here's a list of the complete steps I've taken so far:

Double-checked BIOS settings according to each build.
      Built a vanilla installer based on the video I mentioned above, steps listed below... (I've done this twice now, confirming I followed the steps in the guide.)

Vanilla Installer Steps:
      Wiped and formatted my thumb drive with GUID Partition, HFS Extended (Journaled) Used terminal to create a bootable installer from a 10.13.6 installer I downloaded last june/july. Installed Clover Bootloader onto the Install macOS High Sierra partition of the thumb drive, and ticked: Clover for UEFI booting only, Install Clover into the ESP, VBox HFS-64, APFSDriverLoader-64, AptioMemoryFix-64 (leaving everything else unticked.)  
      Clover Configurator Steps:
      Mounted the Thumb Drive's EFI folder, opened C.C. and "downloaded" Lilu, WhateverGreen, & FakeSMC to the Other folder, & installed sensors. Deleted the default plist and manually created one using the Coffee Lake 'sample plist' from r/Vanilla Hackintosh Desktop Guide. Copy plist to the mounted EFI folder.  
      Open the plist with CC and did the following:
      Confirmed the following flags were set in CC's Boot section - Verbose (-v), dart=0, debug=0x100, & keepsyms=1 Tried 5 different SMBIOS profiles - iMac 18,1 ,  iMac 18,3 ,  iMac 19,1 , iMacPro 1,1 , and MacBookPro 15,1.  
      All result in the same Mac OS X is not supported on this platform message. The one suggestion I've found so far that seemed like it might work was to add the boot argument:
       -no_compat_check

Same results, installer won't start and I get the same message...

Seems like there must be something I've missed or I've done something wrong... I've spent the weekend searching, reading, etc, no luck so far...

A few questions:

I made the installer on my MacBook, not the build I'm trying to hack. Could this be related to the issue?            (I.e. - Does the vanilla method mean you need to create your SMBIOS profile on the actual machine you'll be Hackintoshing?)

Is there a 9900k or Sapphire RX580 compatibility patch needed for 10.13 I haven't seen mentioned in the Mojave builds?  
      Does the Clover update message package is incompatible with this version of OS X and may fail to install indicate something isn't right with my installer setup?  

Please excuse me if anything above isn't clear, I'm brand new to all this and frankly I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around a lot of it!