Recreating boot partition for dual boot HS and Windows 10

Nancy10

5 posts in this topic

Hey !

I am having a problem with my boot partition and I want to resolve it. 

It is a messy one considering I have arch linux grub, without having any linux distribution installed. I can't boot from it because clover version is very old and I couldn't update it ( update works and version and files don't change ). Recently my windows started to stop booting because (apparently) of a BCD problem that I couldn't solve. 

So since I am already booting from USB drive (the one I used to install in the first place), I thought I should try recreate the boot partition from Zero and make it work for both windows ans MacOs HS. 

How do I proceed to do so for Cover and Windows BCD ?

Thanks

Start High Sierra installation, open Diskutility and format your drive into Guid Partition Scheme with partitions for macOS and Windows and either you want.

ESP partitions will be created automatically. Format only macOS partition.

Windows installation will format a partiton for windows into NTFS. It will be next stage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slice said:

Start High Sierra installation, open Diskutility and format your drive into Guid Partition Scheme with partitions for macOS and Windows and either you want.

ESP partitions will be created automatically. Format only macOS partition.

Windows installation will format a partiton for windows into NTFS. It will be next stage.

I already Havewindows installed, and Mac OS HS installed on separate partitions. I don't want to restart the whole thing again (installing HS and windows from scratch). Or are you talking about the system boot partition ?