Date in bios won't stay put

hst51

8 posts in this topic

System is Mojave 1.341. Hardware is GA-Z97-HD3/i3/15 gb DDR3 2133/GTX 660

When I set the correct time in bios it is changed to an incorrect value upon reboot. Time remains correct in Mojave desktop. Both bios and desktop are configured to use 24 hr. time instead of AM/PM. I changed the CMOS battery and it made no difference. No other bios parameters are affected, just the time. Latest bios is installed I believe.

In researching this the only hits that turned up had to do with dual boot Mac OS/Windows or dual boot Linux/Windows. This is not a dual boot machine.

Any idea as to why this is happening?

Thanks

Thank you for your reply and explanation and the bios time being altered. I have found this same effect when running Linux.

I modified my search string and found some answers to my question about the acronymns:

Found this about DSDT: The Differentiated System Description Table is the main table in the ACPI part of a computer's BIOS.

And RTC: A real-time clock (RTC) is a battery-powered clock that is included in a microchip in a computer motherboard.

And SSDT: System Service Description Table, an internal data structure within Microsoft Windows. MAC OS must have one too.

Edited by hst51