I am fairly new to the world of Hackintosh. I recently moved my previous build into a smaller form factor. However, I am running into a series of problems with the USB ports on the new case and the new motherboard.
- Gigabyte Z270N Gaming 5
- 16GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz
- Sapphire RX 470
- NZXT Kraken x62
- NZXT H200 for the case
Everything in the Hackintosh works just like it did before, nothing changed in the hardware department other than the motherboard (previously a gigabyte Z20X Ultra) and the case.
This motherboard does not have any USB 2.0 ports in the back, there is only one header on the board, currently taken by the Kraken x62. The rest of the ports are all either USB 3.1 Gen1 or USB 3.1 Gen2, and the front of the case has 3.1 Gen1 ports as well.
This is my current problem:
When I plug something into either the type A or type C Gen2 ports, it works fine as a normal USB 3.x device with normal speeds, but when I plug something into any other USB port, it only works at lower 2.0 speeds. This is a big problem for me, since I have a few external devices that need the 3.0+ speeds and I don't know what to do.
I tried to follow many different guides on how to patch USB ports, remove the limits, etc... But nothing seems to work.
EDIT: MacOS Mojave 10.14 ONLY I didn’t test 10.14.1! The EFI folder is compatible with High Sierra.
Guide to installing 10.14 Mojave on a ASUS X555L
What doesn't Work:
-NVidia Web Drivers
Clover plist is downloadable in this topic.
First get a USB with 8+ GB of storage and a MacOS Mojave 10.14 installer from the AppStore.
Partition the USB in a GUID style and 2 partitions, one partition HFS+ and one partition FAT32.
In the FAT32 partition put the EFI Folder there.
On the HFS+ partition get the MacOS Mojave .app using this command:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USBNAME --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app --nointeraction
Put the USB in a 3.0 port on the LEFT side of the Notebook.
In the BIOS follow the default Hackintosh settings, do NOT forget to put Memory allocation to 64MB (Otherwise you won't boot)
Boot into the Installer and install MacOS Mojave.
Boot into MacOS. Now your Graphics are working but your WiFi and Sound are not! for the WiFi follow this video:
Once rebooted WiFi is working!
For sound get the VooDooHDA.kext and place it into /Library/Extensions
Reboot once again and your sound is now working flawlessly!
Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:
The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create macOS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.
This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the macOS and Mac OS X installer apps, it is capable to create a bootable installer completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides to you simplicity and flexybility, and lets you to avoid most of the steps needed with every other app.
TINU allows you to create easily a bootable macOS installer without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is if you want to use it on a real Mac.
- Simple to use UI that allows you to easily start the bootable macOS installer creation process
- It can work with every macOS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside of its resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers)
- You can use any volume you want that can be erased and is at least 7 GB of size (if the volume's drive is not in GUID format, TINU will format it to make it GUID!)
- Works on Mac OS recovery, so you can create a bootable macOS installer from the macOS installer itself or from the macOS recovery, and you can use TINU to install macOS too.
- All vanilla, the bootable macOS installers created with this tool are 100% vanilla, just like you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in the terminal
- Open source, you will know what this program does on your computer and also you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code
- Does not require to do anything of special first, just open the program, and make sure you have a USB drive pulugged in and that you have a macOS installer app in the system.
- No need to go in disk utility first, TINU can format your drive/partition for you
- Uses recent and more modern APIs and SDKs and Swift 3 language
- Transparent graphics style available (use alt + s on the keyboard or View->Use transparent style)
- Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without needing for an update
- Advanced section, to customize your bootable macOS installer
Features that are planned for some future versions:
- Integrated EFI partition mounter tool (TINU can already mount EFI partitions from version 2.0, but a dedicated section which allows to mount every EFI partition in the system will be added)
- Install clover and configure clover
- Install kexts inside the kexts folder of clover
- Clover drivers customization
- Use custom dsdt in clover
- integrated pre-made clover config templates database from a remote and open repository
- Support for other languages, at least Italian
- A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer)
- A drive or a free partition (on a drive which already supports GUID) of at least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer
- A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive in your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media)
- You can download the pre-made and code signed binary from the releases section of the github repo: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases
- Or you can just build your own copy by just downloading the source code and then using Xcode (requires Xcode 8): https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU
- This software is under GNU GPL v3 license so any new branch/mod/third party release must be open source and under the same license
- I (project creator) assume no responsibility for any use of this app and this source code, and also for any kind of hardware and software damage to any computer and any device or peripheral that may come from this app or source code during it's use and outside it's usage
- I (project creator) do not guarantee support to you, this is only an open source project, not a product released by a company!
- This project is born only for educational and demonstrative purposes, it's not intended to be used for commercial purposes and it will never be, don't use source code from this project to create apps or software for that aim.
- This is a no-profit project, born only to let people to create macOS install medias in a more simple way and also to learn how to create this kind of apps.
- Apple for macos and installer apps and scripts
- People that helped me a lot:
Francesco Perchiazzi, Nicola Tomarelli, Roberto Sciortino, Raffaele Sonnessa, Ermanno Nicoletti, Tommaso Dimatore, Michele Vitiello Bonaventura, Massimiliano Faralli, Davide Dessì, Giorgio Dall'Aglio, Thomas Tempelmann, Peter Paul Chato.
- Special thanks to Italian Hackintosh group!! for help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts)
- Pietro Caruso (ITzTravelInTime) for creating, maintaing and developing this project
1, my hackintosh machine can sleep but just for a few seconds and the fans and HDD or some devices will start working.
2, i have tried many ways to solve this issue, such as install DSDT.aml and Patch USB limit.
Do you have any method to solve this issue?
I really want some useful advice from you!
Thanks for replying.