Disable/patch Nvidia 1080 Ti on Gigabyte Z370

shmn

15 posts in this topic

Hi, I have been trying to follow @RehabMan 's guide to disable my dGPU ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/ ) for two days now, but haven't found a way to disable my 1080 Ti on my desktop Clover hack.

I have a dual-boot (Win/Mac) machine on a Z370 Aorus 7. Since there's no nvidia drivers for Mojave atm, I want to stick with the iGPU under Mac, but still use the 1080 Ti under Win.

The hack boots just fine when I remove the 1080 Ti, if it's plugged in via PCIe I get a kernel panic.
Please find attached my ACPI folder, my clover config.plist and the kernel panic details.

Might there even be a less hacky way than patching these ACPI files? I appreciate any kind of support! Thanks!

ACPI.zip

config.plist

kernelPanic.jpg

systemReport.txt

6 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

DSDT.aml.zip

use 

change GFX0 to IGPU

change HDAS to HDEF

change HECI to IMEI
494d4549 

change SAT0 to SATA

Sry, guess I was too euphoric, just changed my HDD configuration in the BIOS (removed RAID 1 since it's not supported). I then replaced the Strings you mentioned, but I can no longer boot into macOS :/ How can the two HDDs destroy the working patch?

Attached is the new origin DSDT that Clover extracted. Would appreciate your help again, not sure what I'm doing wrong all the time...

changedACPI.zip

1 hour ago, shmn said:

Sry, guess I was too euphoric, just changed my HDD configuration in the BIOS (removed RAID 1 since it's not supported). I then replaced the Strings you mentioned, but I can no longer boot into macOS :/ How can the two HDDs destroy the working patch?

Attached is the new origin DSDT that Clover extracted. Would appreciate your help again, not sure what I'm doing wrong all the time...

changedACPI.zip

post a full dump for full solution

RunMe.app

11 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

post a full dump for full solution

RunMe.app

Thanks, Log is attached. Please note that I had to REMOVE the 1080 Ti in order to be able to boot and run your app at all.
The customPatches picture shows the patches I added in CloverConfigurator, I wasn't able to create a working DSDL.aml patch file myself.

Definitely willing to donate if we can make this work :) Thx!

Send me Simons-Hackintosh.zip

customPatches.jpg

kernelPanicWhenGPUPluggedIn.jpg

NewestOrigin.zip

6 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

Thx, It's booting now and all hard drives show up, but I'm getting severe graphics glitches/jitter (plz see attached image).

I updated Clover and replaced the Clover folder inside EFI. Something wrong with the kexts maybe?

GraphicsGlitch2.jpg

Edited by shmn

5 hours ago, shmn said:

Thx, It's booting now and all hard drives show up, but I'm getting severe graphics glitches/jitter (plz see attached image).

I updated Clover and replaced the Clover folder inside EFI. Something wrong with the kexts maybe?

extract new SEND_ME, i need check

2 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

u need add a correct video config, is just it

my old config with pink screen i use

IntelGFX 59128086
ig-platform-id 59120003
Check InjectIntel

I wasn't able to make it work with your clover package, so I simply used your DSDT.aml with my previous clover folder.

It SUCCESSFULLY booted ONCE. I later rebooted and now I'm stuck at either of these two boot screens:

IMG_4901.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg