[GUIDE] MacOS 10.14 Mojave on ASUS X555L(J)

angelo_ios

20 posts in this topic

EDIT: MacOS Mojave 10.14 ONLY I didn’t test 10.14.1! The EFI folder is compatible with High Sierra.

Guide to installing 10.14 Mojave on a ASUS X555L

What Works:

-WiFi

-Sound

-Graphics (Intel)

What doesn't Work:

-Bluetooth

-NVidia Web Drivers

-Battery Indicator

Used Kexts:

Picture

Clover setup:

Clover plist is downloadable in this topic.

Let's start

Step one:

First get a USB with 8+ GB of storage and a MacOS Mojave 10.14 installer from the AppStore.

Partition the USB in a GUID style and 2 partitions, one partition HFS+ and one partition FAT32.

In the FAT32 partition put the EFI Folder there.

On the HFS+ partition get the MacOS Mojave .app using this command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USBNAME --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app --nointeraction

Lets install!

Put the USB in a 3.0 port on the LEFT side of the Notebook.

In the BIOS follow the default Hackintosh settings, do NOT forget to put Memory allocation to 64MB (Otherwise you won't boot)

Boot into the Installer and install MacOS Mojave.

Boot into MacOS. Now your Graphics are working but your WiFi and Sound are not! for the WiFi follow this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxFsjhc-AuM

Once rebooted WiFi is working! 

For sound get the VooDooHDA.kext and place it into /Library/Extensions

Reboot once again and your sound is now working flawlessly!

My EFI Folder is downloadable

Screenshot 2018-10-25 at 18.33.25.png

config.plist

EFI.zip

Edited by angelo_ios
Forgot the Battery Indicator
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

@ angelo_ios

Hello!

Your optimus enabled NVDA will never work with OS X, even if there are webdrivers. It would be better to get PM proper working and get rid of nullcpu... and all other rubish kexts in Clover/kexts/other.

You should also switch off the NVDA with DSDT/SSDT or if there is an option in Bios.

Have fun.

Edited by styrian

Thank you !! As I do not understand much of this, what advises me to install: Mojave or High Sierra? With Mojave at this moment everything is activated, wifi, audio and Intel HD Graphics 5500 1536 MB ... problem in starting without USB. It is an Asus X555L I7 Intel 5500 and GeForce Nvidia 920M ... I would appreciate it if you would agree to enter it through TeamViewer and see what could be done. I realize little ... Now that I was interested in hackintosh. Thank you .

Hello!

I would stay at first at High Sierra and make it at lest nearly perfekt running and on this basis try to instala Mojave.

Sorry i don't own a laptop of thiskeind and therefore no Efi(Clover)folder. But you can find here universal config.plist, which perhaps are workin without any modification for the beginning: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

For DSDT and SSDT editing you could use these: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/tree/master/hotpatch or rather these: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Have fun.

PS: Usually one's hardware is set in the signature - as mentioned in the platform rules.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 3:14 PM, carlos mane said:

Good morning. I did everything as explained, everything works ... but it does not restart without the installation pen drive! How to make ? Thank you .

Make a Partition formates FAT32, then just copy paste your EFI folder in. In the BIOS select (drive name EUFI) as boot priority, reboot and done!

On 11/2/2018 at 12:18 PM, carlos mane said:

One more request: do you have an EFI High Sierra folder for the same Asus ASUS X555L (J)? Give away draw. Thank you.

For me the Mojave EFI folder (provided in the topic) works on High Sierra as well.

On 11/2/2018 at 9:13 AM, carlos mane said:

Thank you !! As I do not understand much of this, what advises me to install: Mojave or High Sierra? With Mojave at this moment everything is activated, wifi, audio and Intel HD Graphics 5500 1536 MB ... problem in starting without USB. It is an Asus X555L I7 Intel 5500 and GeForce Nvidia 920M ... I would appreciate it if you would agree to enter it through TeamViewer and see what could be done. I realize little ... Now that I was interested in hackintosh. Thank you .

I would advice Mojave, but it is up to you. I did not test High Sierra myself but the EFI folder is compatible with HS. As Mojave is newer it will be supported longer and takes away the need to update your MacOS for a long time

On 11/2/2018 at 5:19 PM, styrian said:

Hello!

I would stay at first at High Sierra and make it at lest nearly perfekt running and on this basis try to instala Mojave.

Sorry i don't own a laptop of thiskeind and therefore no Efi(Clover)folder. But you can find here universal config.plist, which perhaps are workin without any modification for the beginning: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

For DSDT and SSDT editing you could use these: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/tree/master/hotpatch or rather these: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Have fun.

PS: Usually one's hardware is set in the signature - as mentioned in the platform rules.

The Guide for this topic is for the X555LJ, Mojave works flawlessly and (almost) everything works. I didn’t test High Sierra but the EFI folder I provided works with HS as well.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have dual booted MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 in my Asus X555LJ
Now Ethernet and Intel Graphics HD 5500 are perfectly working.

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: X555LJ
BIOS: X555LJ.204 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 920M

Sound Device: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Sound Capture Device: Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)

2x USB 3.0
1x USB 2.0
HDMI and VGA port

Ethernet: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Wifi & Bluetooth: Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter

Can you please guide me to get the following things work..?

1. Wifi
  2. Bluetooth
  3. NVIDIA 920M
  4. Brightness control

Help will be appreciated.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 1:08 AM, styrian said:

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

I have followed this guide. Still my wifi and NVIDIA graphics not working.

I am using 10.14.6.

Please help.

Hello!

If the WIFI is an Intel one, it will never work. You need to change it to a suitalble Broadcom one or use an usb wifi adapter, which is working on real Macs.

Your NVDA will never work, because it is an Optimus enabled one.

Have fun.

On 10/10/2019 at 1:41 AM, styrian said:

Hello!

If the WIFI is an Intel one, it will never work. You need to change it to a suitalble Broadcom one or use an usb wifi adapter, which is working on real Macs.

Your NVDA will never work, because it is an Optimus enabled one.

Have fun.

Hi,

Wifi is Broadcom 802.11n

No Intel one. Still not working.

Please help out.

7 hours ago, kankit74 said:

Wifi is Broadcom 802.11n

No Intel one. Still not working.

Hello!

Your Wifi adaptoris a Realtek one (Look at the Asus driver page for Win 10). This is also not working with OSX. I do not know the slot standart of the adapter. To resarch this is on your own.

Have fun.

On 10/12/2019 at 8:13 AM, styrian said:

Hello!

Your Wifi adaptoris a Realtek one (Look at the Asus driver page for Win 10). This is also not working with OSX. I do not know the slot standart of the adapter. To resarch this is on your own.

Have fun.

Hi,

Thanks a lot. I got the thing.

I will use usb wifi adapter insted.

Can you please do one more favour, just battery indication should be working fine..

Please help out.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...