Optimisation of performance of high Sierra

Nancy10

7 posts in this topic

hello !

I am trying to figure out why my high Sierra install is so slow compared to an original install on apple hardware. I know how original Mac Books feels and how much performance it has.
It is surely due, to some extent, to the fact MacBooks use SSDs instead of SATA that I have. But that is still not everything, my boot is slow and even slower after updating to latest version of high sierra, opening apps takes considerable time especially with MS Office Apps, processor is used at a rate of 15 to 25%, most of it by kernel task, ...

is there anyway of fixing those problems and/or upping the system 's performance ? 

I attached my Debug files and my booting Clover folder. please help me on this.

Send me Thes-MacBook-Pro.zip

CLOVER.zip

There's a mess in your EFI folder and at the config.plist too...

Do you really need all this kexts?

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 13.32.11.png

The .efi drivers that I've selected is only for FV2, so if you don't use FV2, delete it...

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 13.31.52.png

Why use all of this SSDTs if a single DSDT can do all the job for you?!

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 13.32.34.png

If you want a full patched DSDT, you can call @MaLd0n. He have all the patches that you need ;)

• Thanks 1

@Allan The Clover folder in the debug zip is not probably not the one I am using to boot, since I am booting from my USB device. 
and What is FileVault2?, I found out it was disabled on my install ( I tried this command `sudo fdesetup status` and it was Off.

Edited by Nancy10

22 hours ago, Allan said:

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy:

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 12.24.39.png

This is the description of FV2. ;)

it is an encryption mechanism. So it is good that it is disabled since it will affect the booting time and the speed of data reading and writing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nancy10 said:

So it is good that it is disabled since it will affect the booting time and the speed of data reading and writing.

Yes. If you don't have sure that you're doing, keep the things as they are ;)