ACER ASPIRE Intel HD GRAPHICS 5500 WITH MOJAVE - SOLVED - RESOLVIDO

EduardoMenezes

92 posts in this topic

Good evening, friends of InsanelyMac.

I have an Acer Aspire E5-571 notebook with Intel processor and Intel Graphics 5500 hd graphics card. When I was using the Sierra, the video card was recognized without problems. Now that I'm using Mojave I can not get the acceleration to work.

I've been researching something about having to use Lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext but I do not have enough knowledge to solve this problem.

I need the help of someone who can explain to me how to solve this acceleration problem. I'm sure it will be of great value to other users like me.

Thank you very much.

Captura de Tela 2018-10-22 às 21.51.50.png

Edited by EduardoMenezes
Problem Solved

On 10/31/2018 at 8:49 PM, EduardoMenezes said:

Good Morning.

Could anyone help me solve this problem with my video card? I can not get graphic acceleration. Nothing is right.

Does anyone have a step-by-step?

Captura de Tela 2018-10-31 às 10.41.51.png

Captura de Tela 2018-10-31 às 10.43.27.png

Captura de Tela 2018-10-31 às 10.43.09.png

Captura de Tela 2018-10-31 às 10.42.55.png

Captura de Tela 2018-10-31 às 10.42.43.png

ig-platform-id for IHD 5500 is 0x16260006 not 0x12345678

Hello Hervé and Andres Zerocross. I fully agree that you should use ig-platform-id = 0x16260006. The problem is that with Intel Inject = on the notebook resets at boot time. I can only load if I turn off Inject Intel or if I use ig-platform-id = 0x12345678.

This is missing some other configuration.
Edited by EduardoMenezes

13 hours ago, EduardoMenezes said:

Hello Hervé and Andres Zerocross. I fully agree that you should use ig-platform-id = 0x16260006. The problem is that with Intel Inject = on the notebook resets at boot time. I can only load if I turn off Inject Intel or if I use ig-platform-id = 0x12345678.

This is missing some other configuration.

Then you need to patch min stolen patch, just use latest Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen, and use patch of mem stolen at your config.plist

On 11/1/2018 at 5:59 PM, Hervé said:

Try this one.

config.plist

Please post your patched tables or, better, your entire Clover EFI folder so that we know what you use...

Good evening, Hervé. I'm attaching the zipped EFI folder with whatever you asked for. On the ACPI tab on SSDT I unchecked OEM Droop because the notebook resets during boot. It's not panic. It resets.

Another friend Andres Zerocross commented on Lilu.kext and Whatever.Kext but I'm doubtful how to proceed. I already put it in the S/L/E folder without result.

Captura de Tela 2018-11-04 às 20.04.28.png

CLOVER.zip

Good evening, Hervé. I'm attaching the zipped EFI folder with whatever you asked for. On the ACPI tab on SSDT I unchecked OEM Droop because the notebook resets during boot. It's not panic. It resets.
Another friend Andres Zerocross commented on Lilu.kext and Whatever.Kext but I'm doubtful how to proceed. I already put it in the S/L/E folder without result.

203441639_CapturadeTela2018-11-04s20_04_28.thumb.png.16b9b0540389cbee8f18b8e9ee9e26d4.png
CLOVER.zip
After use lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext then you still need to set fb-min stolen patch at your device properties inside config.plist. or whatevergeen won't work.

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

On 11/5/2018 at 2:55 PM, Andres ZeroCross said:

After use lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext then you still need to set fb-min stolen patch at your device properties inside config.plist. or whatevergeen won't work.

Friends, I know that something is missing but I do not know how to do it.

Could someone tell me "get it" and put it in the abc folder, then mark it, then uncheck it, then write that in the xpto field ... type a step by step. I'm not a programmer. I'm just a user.

I need to know if I need to use lilu and whatevergreem or another kext and where to put these files. In Clover, what should be filled.

I say this because I honestly do not know how to solve it.

Friends, I know that something is missing but I do not know how to do it.

Could someone tell me "get it" and put it in the abc folder, then mark it, then uncheck it, then write that in the xpto field ... type a step by step. I'm not a programmer. I'm just a user.

I need to know if I need to use lilu and whatevergreem or another kext and where to put these files. In Clover, what should be filled.

I say this because I honestly do not know how to solve it.

Ok, don't put any kext to System/library/extensions or Library/kext. Just put the kexts at EFI/Clover/kexts/others. After that upload your clover folder here. I will help

1. Make sure you remove all 3rd party kext like FakeSMC.kext, Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and other add on kext from System/Library/Extensions or in Library/Extensions. After that rebuild Kext Cache with Kext Utility I repeat make sure there is no add on kext from S/L/E or L/E. Use this step to avoid duplicate kext and "unpredicted problems".

2. After that,, mount your EFI partition,, then Delete your Entire CLOVER folder inside EFI folder. And replace with mine (i upload the new Clover folder for your).

The configuration include your DSDT and SSDT (brightness fix, minstolen patch fix, usb fix, ehc1 and ehc2 fix and many important patch for your system). I assume your device use RTL8168 Ethernet, so i use RTL8111.kext for your Ethernet. And i don't what is your wifi card (we can face it later).

Try it and give report as soon as possible.

CLOVER.zip

2 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

1. Make sure you remove all 3rd party kext like FakeSMC.kext, Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and other add on kext from System/Library/Extensions or in Library/Extensions. After that rebuild Kext Cache with Kext Utility I repeat make sure there is no add on kext from S/L/E or L/E. Use this step to avoid duplicate kext and "unpredicted problems".

2. After that,, mount your EFI partition,, then Delete your Entire CLOVER folder inside EFI folder. And replace with mine (i upload the new Clover folder for your).

The configuration include your DSDT and SSDT (brightness fix, minstolen patch fix, usb fix, ehc1 and ehc2 fix and many important patch for your system). I assume your device use RTL8168 Ethernet, so i use RTL8111.kext for your Ethernet. And i don't what is your wifi card (we can face it later).

Try it and give report as soon as possible.

CLOVER.zip

Good evening.

Following his script and replacing my Clover folder with his own, he caused the notebook to restart during boot.

I captured an image before resetting.

So I returned to my Clover folder and I am attaching, as per your previous message.

Screenshot_20181107-200847.png

meu arquivo CLOVER.zip

Good evening.

Following his script and replacing my Clover folder with his own, he caused the notebook to restart during boot.

I captured an image before resetting.

So I returned to my Clover folder and I am attaching, as per your previous message.

Screenshot_20181107-200847.thumb.png.8e897bbc25786584107ff1bef56e12d2.png
meu arquivo CLOVER.zip
Open terminal and type "sudo kextcache -i /" and press enter, then input the pasword and press enter.

Copy the log and paste it here

image.png.67048956f6951bb35ddaa707c87678c2.png

Are you sure that you only use 3 add on kexts??? No VoodooPS2Controller.kext and another kexts???

Now DELETE all of your CLOVER folder,, and and use mine (i attached it), i make mistake before,, forgot to patch minstolen patch at ssdt-0.aml (sorry). Now try it again, and give me report as soon as possible.

CLOVER.zip

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
Make it simple

8 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

image.png.67048956f6951bb35ddaa707c87678c2.png

Are you sure that you only use 3 add on kexts??? No VoodooPS2Controller.kext and another kexts???

Now DELETE all of your CLOVER folder,, and and use mine (i attached it), i make mistake before,, forgot to patch minstolen patch at ssdt-0.aml (sorry). Now try it again, and give me report as soon as possible.

CLOVER.zip

Good Morning.

I downloaded this last your Clover folder that you attached and I used the command "sudo kextcache -i /" in the terminal.

Restart the notebook but it continues to reset during boot.

I am attaching the command log "sudo kextcache -i /" to you as per request.

I had to go back to my clover folder to use the notebook.

If you want you can access the notebook remotely. After all if we can solve this, I can share the solution with other people in Brazil.

Captura de Tela 2018-11-08 às 10.57.58.png

4 minutes ago, EduardoMenezes said:

Good Morning.

I downloaded this last your Clover folder that you attached and I used the command "sudo kextcache -i /" in the terminal.

Restart the notebook but it continues to reset during boot.

I am attaching the command log "sudo kextcache -i /" to you as per request.

I had to go back to my clover folder to use the notebook.

If you want you can access the notebook remotely. After all if we can solve this, I can share the solution with other people in Brazil.

Captura de Tela 2018-11-08 às 10.57.58.png

As you can see, you did wrong about my instructions. I already tell you "REMOVE ALL 3rd party kext from Library/Extensions and System/Library/Extensions". But as per log i can see FakeSMC. VoodooPS2Controller.kext, VoodooHDA.kext, AppleHDADisabler.kext, ACPIBatteryManager.kext are still at Library/Extensions and System/Library/Extensions. Did you read my comment above????

2 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

As you can see, you did wrong about my instructions. I already tell you "REMOVE ALL 3rd party kext from Library/Extensions and System/Library/Extensions". But as per log i can see FakeSMC. VoodooPS2Controller.kext, VoodooHDA.kext, AppleHDADisabler.kext, ACPIBatteryManager.kext are still at Library/Extensions and System/Library/Extensions. Did you read my comment above????

I understand. I'll redo and return information.

Really those kexts needed to be removed. but during boot the screen dims and the notebook restarts.

543453543_CapturadeTela2018-11-08s12_13_43.png.e3ddfecac69d80acf484f0eaac4ed2e9.png
Correct, remove it. And use my Clover folder. If problem still persist, can you take video?? I need to see the log.

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Correct, remove it. And use my Clover folder. If problem still persist, can you take video?? I need to see the log.

Yes, I'm using your Clover folder. Follow the video link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UfXCdAalnHEE4-Xyih4hIbadAdJ60oCf/view?usp=sharing

Captura de Tela 2018-11-08 às 13.40.38.png

Captura de Tela 2018-11-08 às 12.13.43.png

6 minutes ago, EduardoMenezes said:

Yes, I'm using your Clover folder. Follow the video link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UfXCdAalnHEE4-Xyih4hIbadAdJ60oCf/view?usp=sharing
667718445_CapturadeTela2018-11-08s13_40_38.png.4b75e7f185b374b98234bdccc8decf09.png
1546469687_CapturadeTela2018-11-08s12_13_43.png.b57d52e381d1b14ac03cff3ee1028f49.png

It's still related to graphics. Can you fast response?? You take too long to reply

Just tell me when you can make fast reply to this forum,, there is too many configurations that i must reply (i joint many forums and group). So it make me no focus if you reply the forum discussion for so long.