Asus B360M-A or H310M-E Better for Build?

am_yvr

21 posts in this topic

Asus Prime B360M-A or Asus Prime H310M-E :

Which of these two motherboards would give less hassle in a Hackintosh build - requiring fewer after install fixes/updates to get everything working in Mojave or High Sierra?

These are the only two Asus models that I can afford, fit the form factor in my build, and already have had a BIOS upgrade by Asus to 9th-generation - if I want to replace the CPU with an i9 in the future (for now I'll be using i7-8700 or even i3-8350k but I want to future proof a bit)

Thanks guys!

Edited by am_yvr

6 hours ago, ellaosx said:

B360M M.2 slot is gen4 compared to H310M which is gen2.

yeah the B360M looked like the better board from the specs for sure, but is B360M or H310M easier and simpler overall to use for a Hackintosh build?? or would they be about the same? i'm worried about one of them vs the other causing more hassle, needing more edits/hexts/updates/etc after install.

Edited by am_yvr

Thanks for confirming! I'm leaning towards the ASUS and I've got another noob question ...

is there much positive/negative difference for building my hackintosh between the B360M-A i was thinking of (like the one in your pic) and these other B360M versions below? so many models lol to choose from lol:

ASUS PRIME B360M-C
ASUS PRIME B360M-K
ASUS TUF B360M-E GAMING
ASUS TUF B360M-PLUS GAMING
ASUS TUF B360M-PLUS GAMING S

37 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

u can buy any, work good, some asus mobo have a problems with hackintosh, focus in gigabyte 

Thanks! How can I know which specific ASUS boards to avoid? Any chance anyone's put together a list or should i search each one manually?

4 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

u can buy any h310, z370, etc, all work good, buy gigabyte

hmm another member recommended me to look towards Asus and stay away from MSI and Gigabyte. What do you think makes Gigabyte better? Gigabyte Z370M DSH could be an option but again not sure of Hackintosh friendliness on that particular board...

I've been thinking Asus for a couple other reasons (for example Multi Core Enhancement to drive the i7 8700 a little bit faster)

Thanks! Do you know which asus boards or chipsets have problems? And usually what the issues are (are they fairly easy to fix or no)

Sorry to keep bothering you :) definitely making a beer donation for your help with this!

On 10/19/2018 at 12:44 PM, MaLd0n said:

gigabyte mobos h310, b360, z370 work very fine, some asus b360 have a several problems, avoid

Thanks for the advice! I'm now looking at these three Gigabytes - any pros/cons for these specific ones?
Gigabyte Z370M DS3H
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5

1 hour ago, am_yvr said:

Thanks for the advice! I'm now looking at these three Gigabytes - any pros/cons for these specific ones?
Gigabyte Z370M DS3H
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5

Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ;) 

47 minutes ago, am_yvr said:

Thanks! That's what I went with - the Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. 

What's the best instruction guide for a newbie to get Mojave on this board and nvme SSD (Samsung EVO 970) with everything working?

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321872-guide-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-on-mobos-serie-100-200-300-skylake-kabylake-coffeelake-dsdt/

• 9 months later...

Tuve problemas al instalar mac OS sierra, tengo una asus tuf h310 y un core i 7 8700, realicé el USB boteable, y todo iba bien hasta la instalación del BIOS se quedo a la mitad después de que apareció la manzanita alguien sabe como le puedo hacer?

Edited by Eduardo René

• 3 months later...