unixb0y

[How-To] BCM20702 USB Bluetooth Dongle under Mojave (TP-Link T9E Continuity + AirDrop)

2 posts in this topic

Bluetooth + AirDrop + Apple Watch "Auto Unlock" + Continuity / Handoff

BCM20702 / TP-Link T9E (AC1900)

I have a little update on getting BCM20702 running in Mojave:

Without kext files, nothing worked "OOB" with my USB dongle. So I got "BrcmFirmwareStore" and "BrcmPatchRAM2" from RehabMan.

I tried putting the kext files in /L/E , didn't work so I tried /S/L/E. * While that didn't work at first, I then tried to refresh the kext cache; the files didn't show up in kextstat.
I used this command:

sudo kextcache -invalidate /

which told me 2 error messages: BrcmFirmwareStore and BrcmPatchRAM2 had the wrong permissions. This is fixed like so:

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext/

Reboot and be happy! :happymac:
Both the actual Bluetooth entry in System Preferences, that was missing before as well as an entry in System Report > Bluetooth finally appeared!
I have a TP-Link Archer T9E WiFi card and now in conjunction, AirDrop does work like a charm! :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers, Dave :weight_lift:

* EDIT:

RehabMan replied to me on GitHub and it's not recommended to use /S/L/E and you should let that folder remain reserved for Apple original kext files. So I tried putting the files (with the correct permissions) back into /Library/Extensions and Bluetooth and AirDrop both still work fine!
So I would recommend to put the files either into EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other or - like me - into /Library/Extensions and after (or before) copying the two kext files, set the permissions like shown above for both files with chown and chmod.

EDIT2: 

I totally forgot to mention that even unlock via Apple Watch works! I assumed it would not work, until the "iMac" itself saw my Watch and kindly asked if I wanted to activate it :w00t: I immediately turned the feature on and it's working like a charm!

What also perfectly works is Handoff. It's a feature that I never found really useful, especially between iOS and Mac, however when I have a Safari window open on my iPhone, the Hackintosh shows me the handoff Safari icon in the App switcher as well as in the dock (only tested Safari for now) and it behaves just like on my MacBook Pro!

Universal Clipboard is also working as well as SMS / MMS.

I couldn't test "Cellular Calls" and the "Continuity Camera" as I don't have a second phone and it's quite late here right now for calling someone on the telephone and I don't have any iOS 12 devices either. The "Instant Hotspot" did not work, but I think that anybody going the TP-Link T9E + BCM20702 way is building a PC that is permanently attached to WLAN or even LAN (Ethernet), so that's not an issue. I think laptop Hackintoshers should just use a MacBook WiFi card as they probably already have the connector etc. etc. (no adapter or Motherboard-dependent solutions needed).

Edited by unixb0y

Advertisement

After I type 

sudo kextcache -invalidate /

I get :

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd0076973a0 [0x7fff99db68f0]> { URL = "BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd00769acb0 [0x7fff99db68f0]> { URL = "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2" }

chown and chmod does not work for me for now.

Can you help? 

I need to say, that my bluetooth and wifi are already working. 

I have :

TL-WDN4800 + BCM20702

Bluetooth was working fine right after installation.

Wifi only worked with @Cyberdevs AirPortAtheros40.kext installer 

What do I need to do?

Edited by jxe27276

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rdall96
      Hello everyone!

I am fairly new to the world of Hackintosh. I recently moved my previous build into a smaller form factor. However, I am running into a series of problems with the USB ports on the new case and the new motherboard.

Part List:
      - i7-7700k
      - Gigabyte Z270N Gaming 5
      - 16GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz
      - Sapphire RX 470
      - NZXT Kraken x62
      - NZXT H200 for the case

Everything in the Hackintosh works just like it did before, nothing changed in the hardware department other than the motherboard (previously a gigabyte Z20X Ultra) and the case.
      This motherboard does not have any USB 2.0 ports in the back, there is only one header on the board, currently taken by the Kraken x62. The rest of the ports are all either USB 3.1 Gen1 or USB 3.1 Gen2, and the front of the case has 3.1 Gen1 ports as well.

This is my current problem:
      When I plug something into either the type A or type C Gen2 ports, it works fine as a normal USB 3.x device with normal speeds, but when I plug something into any other USB port, it only works at lower 2.0 speeds. This is a big problem for me, since I have a few external devices that need the 3.0+ speeds and I don't know what to do.
      I tried to follow many different guides on how to patch USB ports, remove the limits, etc... But nothing seems to work.

Please someone help me!
    • By ITzTravelInTime
      Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:

The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create macOS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.

This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the macOS and Mac OS X installer apps, it is capable to create a bootable installer completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides to you simplicity and flexybility, and lets you to avoid most of the steps needed with every other app.

TINU allows you to create easily a bootable macOS installer without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is if you want to use it on a real Mac.

Features:
        - Simple to use UI that allows you to easily start the bootable macOS installer creation process
        - It can work with every macOS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside of its resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers)
        - You can use any volume you want that can be erased and is at least 7 GB of size (if the volume's drive is not in GUID format, TINU will format it to make it GUID!)
        - Works on Mac OS recovery, so you can create a bootable macOS installer from the macOS installer itself or from the macOS recovery, and you can use TINU to install macOS too.
        - All vanilla, the bootable macOS installers created with this tool are 100% vanilla, just like you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in the terminal
        - Open source, you will know what this program does on your computer and also you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code
        - Does not require to do anything of special first, just open the program, and make sure you have a USB drive pulugged in and that you have a macOS installer app in the system.
        - No need to go in disk utility first, TINU can format your drive/partition for you
        - Uses recent and more modern APIs and SDKs and Swift 3 language
        - Transparent graphics style available (use alt + s on the keyboard or View->Use transparent style)
        - Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without needing for an update
        - Advanced section, to customize your bootable macOS installer

Features that are planned for some future versions:
        - Integrated EFI partition mounter tool (TINU can already mount EFI partitions from version 2.0, but a dedicated section which allows to mount every EFI partition in the system will be added)
        - Install clover and configure clover
        - Install kexts inside the kexts folder of clover
        - Clover drivers customization
        - Use custom dsdt in clover
        - integrated pre-made clover config templates database from a remote and open repository
        - Support for other languages, at least Italian

Rquirements:
       - A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer)
       - A drive or a free partition (on a drive which already supports GUID) of at least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer
       - A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive in your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media)

Download:
        - You can download the pre-made and code signed binary from the releases section of the github repo: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases
        - Or you can just build your own copy by just downloading the source code and then using Xcode (requires Xcode 8):  https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU

Frequently asked questions:
      https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/wiki/FAQs

Useful links:
       Thread (english) on insanelymac.com:
        - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326959-tinu-the-macos-installer-creator-app-mac-app/

Thread (italian) on insanelymac.com:
        - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/333261-tinu-app-per-creare-chiavette-di-installazione-di-macos-thread-in-italiano/

Thread (english-german) on hackintosh-forum.de:
        - https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/33630-TINU/

Facebook hackintosh help and beta testing (Italian only):
        - https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts

Contact me (project creator):
        - Insanelymac.com profile: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/1390153-itztravelintime/
        - email: piecaruso97@gmail.com

Note that:
       - This software is under GNU GPL v3 license so any new branch/mod/third party release must be open source and under the same license
       - I (project creator) assume no responsibility for any use of this app and this source code, and also for any kind of hardware and software damage to any computer and any device or peripheral that may come from this app or source code during it's use and outside it's usage
       - I (project creator) do not guarantee support to you, this is only an open source project, not a product released by a company!
       - This project is born only for educational and demonstrative purposes, it's not intended to be used for commercial purposes and it will never be, don't use source code from this project to create apps or software for that aim.
       - This is a no-profit project, born only to let people to create macOS install medias in a more simple way and also to learn how to create this kind of apps.

Credits:
        - Apple for macos and installer apps and scripts
        - People that helped me a lot:
         Francesco Perchiazzi, Nicola Tomarelli, Roberto Sciortino, Raffaele Sonnessa, Ermanno Nicoletti, Tommaso Dimatore, Michele Vitiello Bonaventura, Massimiliano Faralli, Davide Dessì, Giorgio Dall'Aglio, Thomas Tempelmann, Peter Paul Chato.   
        - Special thanks to Italian Hackintosh group!! for help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts)
        - Pietro Caruso (ITzTravelInTime) for creating, maintaing and developing this project

I leave also some screenshots as well

• By jdorz
      Hello all,

I have successfully gotten my Hackintosh working 99 percent. The remaining issue that I am running into is that my system will randomly kernel panic upon a user issued shutdown or reboot WHEN I have either a usb sound card or usb headset plugged into any of my USB ports (both 2.0 and 3.0). If I remove the headset, it will power down with no issues. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My system is as follows:
      MacOS 10.14 Mojave
      Gigabyte H370 HD3
      8400 i5 Coffee Lake
      Radeon RX 580 sound card

I have the internal audio disabled. I have also attached my config.plist file.

I have the following Kexts installed:

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
      USBInjectAll.kext
      FakeSMC.kext
      WhateverGreen.kext
      IntelMausiEthernet.kext
      XHCI-300-series-injector.kext

Lilu.kext

Thank you.
      config.plist
    • By Renegade
      Hi guys,

My  current build is working flawlessly under High Sierra except for one thing : my Roccat Kone EMP mouse won't work after waking up from sleep. I have to disconnect/reconnect it to get it to work again.
      Other mice (less sophisticated) do work upon wake.
      However , the Roccat mouse doesn't have any issue under Windows 10 or on an iMac running SL 10.6.3 . I wish I could try under Sierra ...

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help

Here are my build details and a backup from the ioreg:
      Mobo: ASRock Z370 ExtremePro4 - CPU: i7-8700k - RAM: 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 - GPU: NVidia GTX1080 - SSD: Crucial M4 512GB

Kexts used:
      AppleALC.kext
      CodecCommander.kext
      FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
      FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
      FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
      FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
      FakeSMC.kext
      IntelMausiEthernet.kext
      Lilu.kext
      USBInjectAll.kext
      XHCI-200-series-injector.kext