Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EWaffle

Mac Mini Ethernet Not Working, Can't Access App Store

1 post in this topic

Hey guys, I have a ridiculously convoluted issue. Take a seat.

I am trying to use Logic Pro X on a 2012 Mac Mini I have, but I currently have Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8, and will need to update to Sierra 10.12. However, I realize I need to update to a newer OS such as El Capitan in order to be able to update to Sierra. Except I cannot sign into the App Store. I am greeted with an error message along the lines of "this computer or device cannot be verified." So I did some digging and it seems to be because my Ethernet port and Wifi don't work. I use a USB Wifi adapter to get around this but now it seems like I finally have to fix it for good so I can get into the App Store to get these updates I need.

In System Preferences > Network, I do not see Ethernet or Wifi listed. Only my USB Wifi Adapter and Firewire. In System Profiler > Hardware > Ethernet Cards, it says, "This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed."

I'm pulling my hair out over here to get Logic Pro X on this computer, that's all that I really want, and that's all I want this computer to do. If you can help, God bless your soul.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HenryV
      m.2 DW1707/AR9565 shows yellow wifi indicator in network applet when turned on in 10.13.6, 10.14.6 and yellow ethernet in 10.15.2.
      Icon in desktop panel indicates looking but not find networks in all three.  Same wifi card detects available networks in linux without issue.
      The attached kext is labeled particularly for 10.13.6, but wifi is not being detected even in that version.  In all cases Atheros 40 kext is installed S/L/E as plugin in 80211 family kext with reparied permissions.

Can anyone who has this working in sierra, high sierra, mojave or catalina please post what you did including any dsdt/config.plist mods?

From what I have read in these forums the modded atheros 40 kext is supposed to work.  Is this failure to detect networks specific to any particular brand(s) of laptops?

Any help appreciated.
      Thank you.

AR956X-10.13.6.tar.gz
    • By _ivan_palmisano_
      Ho provato tutti i modi ma sono arrivato alla conclusione che ha bisogno di una patch DSDT.
      Ciao, ho recentemente un hackintosh nel mio laptop e devo risolvere l'attacco video HDMI che non ha eseguito quando collego il mio laptop alla TV.
      le foto con queste informazioni sono state fatte con un programma quando che avrei vinto 10 nell'altra foto l'informazione di hackintosh.
      Acer Aspire 5741g Modello High Sierra System!
      Caratteristiche:
      CPU: Intel Core I3 350M 2.27Ghz Arrandale 32nm Tecnologia
      Ram: 6: 00GB
      Grafica: Monitor Pnp generico (1366x768 Ghz) 1024mb Nvidia GeForce GT 320M (Acer Incorporated)
      Archiviazione: 465 GB Sata
      Driver Optiocal: Optiarc DVD RW- AS-7585H
      Audio: dispositivo audio ad alta degradazione
      Qualcuno può aiutarmi!?! E 'la terza volta che faccio questo post in questo gruppo visto che sono nuovo nel mondo hackintosh preferisco se qualcuno è capace a risolvere il mio problema che lo faccia in remoto così non faccio sbagli.
    • By valueimagery
      Hello,
      I have almost succesfully converted from Clover to OpenCore 0.5.4 following this Vanilla Guide by khronokernel
      https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/

Just an issue with the ethernet intelmausiethernet.kext injecting...
      SOLVED - the sample plist default kernel entry for Ethernet BOOLEAN is NO.  I changed to the kext name correctly, but oversaw to make the simple change to YES!

OC 0.5.4
      OSX 10.15.2
      ASUS Rog Maximus X Code Bios v2203 (uses Intel® I219V)
      i7 8700k w/ AMD RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ SE

The latest kext is in my EFI/OC/Kexts folder with the other latest kexts that have loaded properly.  It seems to be entered correctly in the config.plist like the other latest kexts.  But the service is inactive and there is no Ethernet connection.  Airport works fine.

I ran kextstat in terminal and could confirm that the kext was not loaded. Nor did en0 report anything with IoRegistryExplorer
      The only way I was able to get ethernet to work was by manually installing the kext into the L/E/ folder via ##### and after reboot.
      I can confirm ethernet is now working and reports as loaded with kextstat, and the device populates in IoRegistryExplorer.
      I know ##### sn't the proper way to install kexts so reaching out for some advice if I've done anything wrong with my config.plist
      Possibly an issue with OC version 0.5.4? I know everything is still BETA.
      Attached is my EFI folder with serial removed
      EFI.zip
    • By Hervé
      Recompiled v2.3.6 sources in fat-binary mode (Xcode 3.2.6, SDK 10.6, Target OS X 10.6). Fully supported in 32bit and/or 64bit mode under all OS X/macOS versions from Snow Leopard 10.6 to Catalina 10.15.

Edits:
      Nov 16th, 2018: updated description to confirm support up to Mojave 10.14 Jan 11th, 2019: updated description to confirm support up to Catalina 10.15  
    • By Shogun212
      I'm currently running MacOS Catalina 10.15.2

Here's what i need help with: 

1. Wifi (which previously worked on Mojave)  
      2. iMessage 
      3. FaceTime 
      4. AirDrop 

Note: I can't do DSDT patching, tried it many times, and i failed. That's just beyond my capabilities. 
      I really hope someone can help me, i've been busting my head for days.  

If possible, i would like to avoid bricking my os, because i need it for my job on the day after tomorrow. 

My RunMe app file: https://mega.nz/#!yxlgiIwR!-XZsreXxNjxjQemXiQia2vcSfITWwr_AVciV2Kdb-ps  
      My specs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d47b7YXOAitKSYvA9Z6Ojv57ThqXzZxJ/view