1 post in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Help! Tried to Duel Boot Hackintosh and can't get back to Windows because I messed up the boot drives with Clover!By jrbros1
So I have my Windows computer, used a USB with Clover setup to boot into Mojave OS that I installed on the SD card in the computer. The world was a great place and all was well!
Then I did the steps to partition the pc system to now include the additional drive that I would put Clover on. Here's where I messed up: Instead of directly copying over the full Clover folder into the EFI folder of the new drive (which just had the Boot & Microsoft folders in it), I replaced the EFI's boot folder with Clover's boot folder. So the EFI folder now contains a Microsoft folder, a Clover folder, and Clover's Boot folder only.
Now, I only can access the Clover boot up menu, the macOS, but no Windows at all. Even if I go into BIOS and pick Windows Boot Manager or Partition 1 for the start up, I get a black screen for both. I can still access the macOS as well as Shell, but I don't know what that does other than displaying all of the yellow text fly by..
Is there a kind soul out there that can help me get Windows back to boot? Keep in mind I'm a bit of a newbie here so laying out the common-sense steps would be helpful!
Thank you in advance!
This project is dedicated to Lucy, my lovely little Tyrannofelis Rex.
LucyRTL8125Ethernet is an open source driver for the Realtek RTL8125 family of 2.5GBit Ethernet controllers.
Key Features of the Driver
Supports all versions of Realtek's RTL8125 2.5GBit Ethernet Controllers found on recent boards. Support for multisegment packets relieving the network stack of unnecessary copy operations when assembling packets for transmission. No-copy receive and transmit. Only small packets are copied on reception because creating a copy is more efficient than allocating a new buffer. TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offload (receive and transmit). TCP segmentation offload over IPv4 and IPv6. Support for TCP/IPv4, UDP/IPv4, TCP/IPv6 and UDP/IPv6 checksum offload. Supports jumbo frames up to 9000 bytes (strongly recommended for 2.5GBit operation). Fully optimized for Catalina (doesn't work with Mojave and below). Note that older versions of macOS might not support 2.5GB Ethernet. Supports Wake on LAN (untested). Supports VLAN (untested). Support for Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) which can be disabled by setting enableEEE to NO in the drivers Info.plist without rebuild. The default is YES. The driver is published under GPLv2.
The driver has been tested successfully under Catalina (10.15.4 and above) and, according to first tests, is working stable. I haven't experienced any Kernel Panics during my tests and is working stable on my primary work machine. The driver has been designed to work with Catalina but might also work with Mojave, provided you build from source with Xcode 10.. Please keep in mind that support for 2.5GBit Ethernet was introduced in Mojave (or maybe High Sierra?) so that there is no way to make it work with Sierra or below.
Using autoselect medium it seems to prefer negotiating a connection speed of 1Gbit with my switch so that I had to select 2.5GBit/s manually in order to achieve this speed but it might be different with other switches. Installation
You might want to install the driver to /L/E as usual but it's also ok to use Clover's injection function (installation in the EFI folder). Use your favorite kext installation tool for installation or perform the installation manually (for Clover injection). It's your call!
Make sure you have followed the installation instructions especially when you have issues with certain domains while the others are working fine. Use the debug version to collect log data when trying to track down problems. The kernel log messages can be retrieved with "log show --predicate "processID == 0" --debug" in order to retrieve kernel logs. Include the log data when asking for support or giving feedback. I'm an engineer, not a clairvoyant. Don't copy and paste large amounts of log data to your post. Create an archive with the log data and attach it to your post. In case you don't want to make your log data publicly accessible, contact me via PM and I will provide you a mail address to send it directly to me. Delete the following files: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist In Terminal run netstat -s in order to display network statistics. Carefully examine the data for any unusual activity like a high number of packets with bad IP header checksums, etc. In case auto-configuration of the link layer connection doesn't work it might be necessary to select the medium manually in System Preferences under Network for the interface. Use Wireshark to create a packet dump in order to collect diagnostic information. Keep in mind that there are many manufacturers of network equipment. Although Ethernet is an IEEE standard, different implementations may show different behavior causing incompatibilities. In case you are having trouble try a different switch or a different cable.
Version 1.0.0d6 (2020-06-14) Fixed chip recognition. Version 1.0.0d3 (2020-04-20) First working development release.
Getting the driver
Source code can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/Mieze/LucyRTL8125Ethernet You'll find the lastest prebuilt binary (version 1.0.0d6) here in this thread (see this post https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/343542-lucyrtl8125ethernetkext-for-realtek-rtl8125/?do=findComment&comment=2725790).
Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:
The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create macOS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.
This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the macOS and Mac OS X installer apps, it is capable to create a bootable installer completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides you simplicity and flexybility, and lets you to avoid most of the tedious steps or problems of other simlar apps.
TINU allows you to create easily a bootable macOS installer without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install your bootloader of choiche on the usb (or just leave it as is if you want to use it on a real Mac).
- Simple-to-use UI that allows you to easily start the bootable macOS installer creation process.
- It can work with every macOS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside its resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers).
- You can use any erasable volume that is at least 7 GB of size (if the volume's drive is not in GUID format, TINU will re-format it accordingly).
- Can work with the Mac OS recovery system, so you can create a bootable macOS installer from the macOS installer itself or from the macOS recovery partition, and you can use TINU to install macOS, too.
- 100% clean: The bootable macOS installers created with this tool are vanilla, just as if you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in Terminal.
- Open Source: You can verify what this program does on your computer and you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code.
- Does not require any special preparations. Just open the program, make sure you have a USB drive plugged in and have a macOS installer app on your disk.
- No need to use Disk Utility. TINU can format your drive or partition for you.
- Integrated EFI partition mounter tool.
- Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without requiring an update.
- Offers advanced features to customize your bootable macOS installer.
Features that are planned for future versions:
- Support for other languages, at least Italian.
(To sugegst a new feature please contact me on github)
- A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer).
- A drive or a free partition (on a drive which already supports GUID) of least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer.
- A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive on your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media).
Frequently asked questions:
Thread (english) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (italian) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (english-german) on hackintosh-forum.de:
Post on Reddit:
Facebook hackintosh help and beta testing (Italian only):
Contact me (project creator):
- Insanelymac.com profile: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/1390153-itztravelintime/
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This software is under GNU GPL v3 license so any new branch/mod/third party release must be open source and under the same license.
- We (the project creator and othe people involved with active developmment) assume no responsibility for any use of this app and this source code, and also for any kind of hardware and software damage to any computer and any device or peripheral that may come from this app or source code during it's use and outside it's usage
- We do not guarantee support to you, this is only an open source project, not a product released by a company!
- This project is born only for educational and demonstrative purposes, it's not intended to be used for commercial purposes and it will never be.
- This is a no-profit project, born only to let people to create macOS install medias in a more simple way and also to learn how to create this kind of apps.
- Apple for macos and installer apps and scripts
- People that helped me a lot:
Francesco Perchiazzi, Nicola Tomarelli, Roberto Sciortino, Raffaele Sonnessa, Ermanno Nicoletti, Tommaso Dimatore, Michele Vitiello Bonaventura, Massimiliano Faralli, Davide Dessì, Giorgio Dall'Aglio, Peter Paul Chato.
- Special thanks to Italian Hackintosh group!! for help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts)
- Thomas Tempelmann for help with the UI
- Pietro Caruso (ITzTravelInTime) for creating, maintaing and developing this project
Here are also some screenshots inside this spoiler tab
Hi @chris1111 i have a tenda w311ma usb wireless adapter , i wanted to make it work with my catalina hackintosh so i installed the driver from the official site , the Rt2870driver.kext file and your wireless panel utility but i have a problem : The software dosent always connect to the acess points and when it does , and everything seems to be ok (even in network section of the system preferences ) when i go to safari for example it tells me that im not connected . I tried to connect the pc to my phone using hotspot , same problem in the pc it shows connected to network but in the phone the pc doesnt appear in the list of the connected devices . What to do ? Please help me !
Hi Im am a complety noob on this of the hackintosh world, and with all im from spain so its difficult.
I have installed HIgh SIerra woth Aorus Z390 pro wifi, 16GBRam, 8700K, GTX 1060
I have succesfully follow the guide from Dortania.
But i`ve figured out i need a patch for mi SSDT-PLUG acpi to work well on mi mobo,. i will link it.
Then hardware aceleration doest work, ive iltalled nvidia web drivers and lilu and watervergreen are wonking properly, tested witrh comands on Dortania GUide NVRAM works too.
and for the best part im having freezes that are sooo anoying. Ya i need so much help im asking for a lot but.
The help will be so much appreciate it.
good night guys. Have a nice year.