Mojave rx580

bigben1

11 posts in this topic

I had success in installing os Mojave,!!!
System Version: macOS 10.14 (18A391)
specs;

Gaz77xud3h
core i5 ( ivy bridge)
RX 580 8gb Gpu
12 gb ram 
Intel ssd

my usb installer could not boot in Hdmi mode, so I used DP for installation and then booted with Hdmi.
another quirky stuff was that my usb installer could not see Mojave SSD after successful install, so I booted to HSierra ssd and installed Clover BL, and kexts without any problem.
to get sound I used VoodooHDA latest version. 2.8.9....
so far too good.pic below

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 15.18.04.jpg

Edited by bigben1

Very nice!   RX 580 8gb Gpu.. Is this working OOB or you need some patch to have full acceleration and metal 2 support?

Anyone else know if Sapphire RX 570 4GB will work fine on Mojave?

Edited by sandokan71

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, just be careful to say that the rx580 8g  is working oob... That's what I did read everywhere and bought one as I'm using my hack for photo and video editing . There's a problem with fcpx and this card as for now it's impossible to export movies in H264 with this card which is a big problem too me. Just to aware some people who wants to upgrade their graphic card with that one . 

• 2 months later...

HELP!! I have a Sapphire nitro + 8GB Special edition ... I only see in 1024x760 and 3 (!!!) mega of VRAM. I follow this post carefully, but I'm not practical about SSDT etc., can someone help me? Asus P8P67 EVO 3, i7 3770k, 16 GB RAM, 1SSD, 2 SATA

• 1 month later...
HELP!! I have a Sapphire nitro + 8GB Special edition ... I only see in 1024x760 and 3 (!!!) mega of VRAM. I follow this post carefully, but I'm not practical about SSDT etc., can someone help me? Asus P8P67 EVO 3, i7 3770k, 16 GB RAM, 1SSD, 2 SATA

Post your clover folder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post your clover folder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2018 at 6:08 AM, autantpourmoi said:

Hi guys, just be careful to say that the rx580 8g  is working oob... That's what I did read everywhere and bought one as I'm using my hack for photo and video editing . There's a problem with fcpx and this card as for now it's impossible to export movies in H264 with this card which is a big problem too me. Just to aware some people who wants to upgrade their graphic card with that one . 

I agree
I was happy with my ryzen 1920x on windows and a gtx1060 strix.
Based on this type of comments, buy an rx580 (pulse) of 8gb in amazon.
Unfortunately I confirm that it is not good at all, I guess due to the architecture of my CPU..
My comparison is with blender 3d since I am a 3d designer.
In blender 3d with the RX580 inside windows 10 of 64bits, the performance in a scene that I am animating is 60 or 70 fps.
The same aniamcion scene, both in mojave 10.14.5 or Highsierra 10.13.6 both with vanilla installation. They give me a very very bad result, between 5 and 7 fps!
I do not currently recommend this type of hack for 3d designers, or not until the kext is corrected, or something like that.
Please excuse my orrible English

I am also grateful to all the developers for these fantastic Vanilla facilities.!

Threadripper 1920. 32gb corsair led. mother x399-e Gaming asus. ssd m2 wd blue.

Edited by pali12345