p5kpl-am Quad Xeon - Panic on first boot after install

mickeyd453

9 posts in this topic

I have this old board running a media server that has run 10.13 and everything previously without issue. I installed the latest clover and did an in place upgrade and everything seemed to go fine. On first reboot after install it panicked and rebooted and i could not see the error. I selected dont reboot after panic in clover and managed to get the following screen shot out of a video as the error scrolls past too quickly.

I installed a clean 10.13 onto a different disk and this was succesful and so with the same clover and kexts i installed a clean 10.14 and exactly the same error occured. I have 2 other machines on 10.14 without issue so can anyone help out understanding the cause of this panic? The install of 10.14 runs fine its just on first boot after install that the machine panics and reboots.

thanks for any help!

Screenshot 2018-09-29 at 16.49.33.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip - is there anyway to do this in config.plist and leave the com.apple.telemetry.plugin untouched as i note this in that example config.plist

<dict>
                                <key>Comment</key>
                                <string>Fix Core 2 Due CPU</string>
                                <key>Disabled</key>
                                <false/>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>
                                KAcAAIU=
                                </data>
                                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                                <false/>
                                <key>MatchOS</key>
                                <string>10.14,10.14.x</string>
                                <key>Name</key>
                                <string>com.apple.telemetry</string>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>
                                yAYAAIU=
                                </data>
</dict>

If not i presume i can just replace my current com.apple.telemetry.plugin with the patched one linked to in that other thread?

thanks

Edited by mickeyd453

Hi @mickeyd453,

I have a p5kpl-am with an E7500 processor, I was wondering if perhaps you could share the way you've created your Clover installer and which bios settings you are currently using. Thank you!

PS: if your 10.13 installation steps are easier to explain that would be wonderful too, I've built a lot of UEFI machines but I don't seem to be able to get the correct legacy settings for this mobo :(

Hi - not really sure what i set to be honest - i seem to remember its just default bios settings with AHCI enabled.

Re the clover installer i simply create my install USB with createinstallmedia and then install clover onto that. I dont check install into ESP so the EFI partition is part of the main disk. Apart from that its just standard kexts in the installer.

What issues are you having?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply I've missed the forum notification. I did a bios update and now I can't get the motherboard to detect my usb uefi partition :( I'm going to try again for the tenth time during the weekend. I'll follow your instructions thanks for replying @mickeyd453!

On 10/4/2018 at 12:03 AM, Kaov said:

Hi @mickeyd453,

I have a p5kpl-am with an E7500 processor, I was wondering if perhaps you could share the way you've created your Clover installer and which bios settings you are currently using. Thank you!

PS: if your 10.13 installation steps are easier to explain that would be wonderful too, I've built a lot of UEFI machines but I don't seem to be able to get the correct legacy settings for this mobo :(

Hi Kaov,

I just found your message -- I have same mainboard and if you still looking for an assistance then I could give you a hand of help.

At this time I would like to know if you have an access to any hackintosh or Mac (for example your friend, relative, coworker).

Also I would like to know what video card you have (I could recommend budget video cards Geforce 8400 GT or Geforce 9500/9600 GT [works in Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra]. This card allows to install Mojave, but Mojave requires a better video card [DVD Player does not produce video image, you will hear sound only]).

osx151212

Edited by osx151212

• 4 weeks later...