Can't find AMD 8000 Controller.kext

Dibyendu

4 posts in this topic

I am not new to hackintosh, I came across numerous videos and threads regarding enabling ATI Graphics card on the hackintosh. Sadly I found that its impossible to enable AMD Radeon(TM) HD 8730M (2 GB DDR3 VRAM) . But later I found out a video --
(
The guy talks about AMD 8000 Controller.kext!!! The video gave me a hope of enabling the Video card ( AMD Radeon HD 8500/8700M ) . And the problem is , I cant find the file anywhere on internet.

I use clover boot loader.

Can somebody help me out please? I am working on Intel Internal graphics card as for now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 2:48 AM, Hervé said:

Erm... "not new", huh?  Well, no need to look for the kext on the Internet... Unless you're running on an old version of OS X like Mavericks or earlier, you'll find the kext in /S/L/E... :drool: :thumbsup_anim:

It's part of the vanilla installation! Since Yosemite if I'm not mistaken...

I have High Sierra 10.12 , and I use clover bootloader .. And if Possible , to resolve the issue with AMD, if you have any suggestions or fix using clover configurator, please you can share it. :) Thanks.

by the way.. didnt understand "/S/L/E ... " ! Sorry for being noob :P

Edited by Dibyendu

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/24/2019 at 8:10 AM, MTLRO said:

I'm having the same issue. Can someone link their amd kexts please? (amdcontroller8000 etc...)

Same answer. You don't need to search the kext.