Merging partitions

RTA

5 posts in this topic

Alright, I finally found a Tiger torrent that was compatiable with my MBP, and I got it installed and all that, went off with only a single hitch: I had no DVDs avaliable, so I had to repartition my MBPs drive in two (One 68G, the other 5G). With my Powerbook I restored the Tiger-MBP install image to the 5G partition, then installed Tiger to the 68G. All went well, works great. Only problem is, now i'm stuck with an empty 5G partition that not only has no use, but prevents me from using Bootcamp because BC only works on drives with a single partition. My question is this- Is there any way to merge the two partitions back into a single one? Any help would be appreciated.

using GParted, insert 128MB of empty space between the partitions, then convert the 5GB partition to Fat32 and name it 'untitled' in OSX, then Boot Camp should allow you to merge the two.

Works for me :-) let me know if it does it for you

• 11 months later...

I have done a similar things on my x86 hack with leopard, now i want to merge the 10 gb partition back to the OS installed partition

is there any easy way of doing this ? as i dont think bootcamp works on a hackintos