Imac 27" (Late 2012) + Clover + MacOS on NVME SSD

ivoryblade

3 posts in this topic

Hello! My internal SSD lifetime is running out so I'm thinking how to upgrade it. I don't want to replace it with slow Sata SSD so I want to buy OWCMercury Helios and install new nvme fast ssd, but I won't be able to boot from it using standard boot loader.... Is it possible to boot nvme ssd using Clover on real iMac?

Edited by ivoryblade

For Clover to start from NVME there must be NvmExpressDxe anywhere out of the drive. Can't load driver for device from the device.

If your firmware contains the driver then you don't need Clover, you can boot directly.

Else you may boot Clover with Nvme support from USB stick but I am not sure it is comfortable.

7 hours ago, Slice said:

For Clover to start from NVME there must be NvmExpressDxe anywhere out of the drive. Can't load driver for device from the device.

If your firmware contains the driver then you don't need Clover, you can boot directly.

Else you may boot Clover with Nvme support from USB stick but I am not sure it is comfortable.

Yes indeed I was planing to use another device that is supported for clover. Maybe someone knows any other Thunderbolt1-PciEX adapter instead of Helios?