ivoryblade

Imac 27" (Late 2012) + Clover + MacOS on NVME SSD

3 posts in this topic

Hello! My internal SSD lifetime is running out so I'm thinking how to upgrade it. I don't want to replace it with slow Sata SSD so I want to buy OWCMercury Helios and install new nvme fast ssd, but I won't be able to boot from it using standard boot loader.... Is it possible to boot nvme ssd using Clover on real iMac?

Edited by ivoryblade

Advertisement

For Clover to start from NVME there must be NvmExpressDxe anywhere out of the drive. Can't load driver for device from the device.

If your firmware contains the driver then you don't need Clover, you can boot directly.

Else you may boot Clover with Nvme support from USB stick but I am not sure it is comfortable.

7 hours ago, Slice said:

For Clover to start from NVME there must be NvmExpressDxe anywhere out of the drive. Can't load driver for device from the device.

If your firmware contains the driver then you don't need Clover, you can boot directly.

Else you may boot Clover with Nvme support from USB stick but I am not sure it is comfortable.

Yes indeed I was planing to use another device that is supported for clover. Maybe someone knows any other Thunderbolt1-PciEX adapter instead of Helios?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DFacco
      Salve a tutti,
      premetto di essere nuovo in questo mondo dell'hackintosh e, come avrete letto dal titolo, ho un problema molto strano al momento dell'installazione.

Creo la chiavetta usb, metto tutti i kext, driver eccetera da un vecchio MacBook Pro ma, quando la vado a mettere sul pc e provo a bootare, Clover non mi trova l'os. In alto c'è lo stemma di clover, in basso i settings ma dove dovrebbero esserci i SO non c'è nulla.

Nel pc avevo ssd e hardest per windows ma ho pensato di toglierli per non creare conflitti con un nuovo ssd da 120gb comprato apposta per il Mac OS.

La penna usb ho provato a farla in tutti i modi che ho trovato e che mi hanno consigliato: sia con Tino, sia con terminale scrivendo il codice. Ho usato clover per selezionare kext e drivers ma nulla.

Questa è la guida che ho seguito inizialmente  https://hackintosher.com/builds/asrock-z370-extreme4-pro4-hackintosh-high-sierra-guide/ 

Non so più cosa fare, HELP!
    • By peanutman314
      As you might know the Samsung 970 EVO Plus variant causes major issues on hackintosh installs. I want to keep it plugged into my motherboard for use in Windows. However, if it's plugged in, macOS is going to try to index this disk eventually and it will crash macOS even though it's not the main install disk. 

Because I don't need this disk under macOS I thought it would be a good solution to somehow disable/hide the unsupported disk for macOS. I looked into doing this via Clover but couldn't find anything useful. I'm hoping I can disable the slot via a DSDT patch. I only want to disable one specific M.2 slot, the others should remain functional (I have another working M.2 disk). So disabling the driver is not an option.

I have very little experience with DSDTs and I have no idea how to do this. I recently created a USB injection patch using RehabMan's excellent guide, so I have some experience with the process, but no idea how to formulate the DSDT patch. 

I have a Gigabyte Aurus Pro z390 motherboard. Below is a screenshot of IORegistryExplorer showing the other working drive (not the one I want to disable, that one is not plugged in yet). 

I would be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. If anyone knowns of a non-DSDT solution to disable a specific slot (but not all slots) then that's also fine of course.

Thank you for your time
    • By Marko1401-
      Hi guys,

I bought a used Mac 2015 pro with a basic 120 GB SSD.

I'm considering upgrade options for it and want to have a 500 or 1TB option for it.

Basically apple has put a excruciating price tag for upgrades so I am considering sintech adapters and a standard NVME M2 SSD installation.

My question is, aside from Samsung 970 EVO, will other options such as WD Black NVME or SanDisk SSD work?

I'm not after huge write speeds, just after storage and decent performance.
      Samsung is a little bit expensive.

Thoughts?
    • By NoEnd
      Hi everyone, I have ordered an NVME drive to upgrade my hackintosh drive. My question is how to upgrade my system with this drive? should I clone the drive then plug and play or there are other measurements I need to consider? Also which Application you recommend for the clone? I'm using APFS.

Thanks 
    • By Angelo_
      Just recently installed Mojave on my yoga 730(i5-8250u, 8gb of ram and 1080p 13.3" touchscreen) and got many features working, now the only issues are that my igpu is shown as only 7mb(and not metal capable, not sure whether it is or not) even tho I should've changed it from 5917 to 5916 (added both EFI folder and send me), the screen is shown as a 30.5" in system information and the cpu even tho I extracted the ssdt for it with ssdtPRGen.sh and appleintelinfo.kext to get low frequency info (ssdt was done with info 15,400,1600,3400 so it should go between 16-3400mhz and down to 400 in idle), idk what is wrong with my installation, can you guys help me or linke me something to fix those issues?

Ps thunderbolt shows as no device found, is it regular for hackintoshes to be that way or do I need something for that too? Laptop has 2 tb3 ports as x4 pcie 3
      EFI.zip
      Send me Angeloss-MacBook-Pro.zip