viktr

7 posts in this topic

Hi!

I found this kext here: https://github.com/acidanthera/HibernationFixup

Changelog says that:

HibernationFixup Changelog

v1.2.3

Basic 10.14 support

So, does it mean that it is possible to use hibernation in 10.13+? And how? I tried to install this kext and set hibernatemode to 1, 3, 25, 29 etc but with no success. It does not work. But this kext's author clearly said that modern mac oses are supported. So, my question is - is it possible to turn on hibernation? I suffer from sudden power loss from time to time and hibernation would solve this. But how?

10x

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2018 at 12:44 PM, viktr said:

Hi!

I found this kext here: https://github.com/acidanthera/HibernationFixup

Changelog says that:

HibernationFixup Changelog

v1.2.3

Basic 10.14 support

So, does it mean that it is possible to use hibernation in 10.13+? And how? I tried to install this kext and set hibernatemode to 1, 3, 25, 29 etc but with no success. It does not work. But this kext's author clearly said that modern mac oses are supported. So, my question is - is it possible to turn on hibernation? I suffer from sudden power loss from time to time and hibernation would solve this. But how?

10x

Same issue here... after setting up whatevergreen instrad of FakePCIID... machine wakes up to a black window... Haswell/Intel4600HD...  I have tried this kext to no avail.

2 hours ago, bronxteck said:

if you are using Imac 15,x smbios try using Imac 14,x instead. it might correct the black screen on wake.

Thanks for the suggestion, actually I'm using SMBIOS of iMac 14.1... I didn't have this problem running FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext...

Got it working by compiling latest sources of Lilu, whatevergreen and HibernationFixup kexts myself... changed SMBIOS to iMac18.1... not sure if this last thing made a difference though..

Cheers,

Dragster.

Edited by Dragster27

• 3 months later...

Hi, thank you all for this amazing hibernation project.

I am using RtcHibernateAware = YES as @Slice explained in 

Is HibernationFixup needed to enable more hibernation modes? My device is working well without AppleRTC/FixRTC.

Thank again for this awesome project.

Edited by zhengshiqi
Add more details

• 1 year later...

Doesn't work on Sandy Bridge. My CPU is not supported... Could buy hp 8770w with Ivy Bridge... Any way to hibernate it? Vmware ES?

Contact me for aggrement and details about work: zunivum@gmail.com TeamView AnonA Brosix AnonA