How do I make my Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti card work on El Capitan?

jcmrdc

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Greetings from Brazil!  Pardon me if I seem stupid, but why are there Nvidia web drivers for all releases of El Capitan if it only works from Sierra and up?  This doesn't make any sense...  I'm stuck with El Capitan on one of my machines because its CPU does not support SSE4.1 instruction, so I can't upgrade to Sierra or High Sierra.  So, how in heavens do I make my Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti work on El Capitan?  That is the question...  Thank you for your time and help.  I really appreciate it.

Best regards!

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 from App Store
Install method Uni--- + Multi---
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-965QM-DS2 (legacy boot only)
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2.66 GHz
EVGA GTX 1050 Ti (4 GigaBytes)
8 Gigabytes of RAM
HD Samsung SATA 1 TeraByte

On 7/5/2018 at 11:14 PM, jcrcarmo said:
Hello everyone,

Greetings from Brazil!  Pardon me if I seem stupid, but why are there Nvidia web drivers for all releases of El Capitan if it only works from Sierra and up?  This doesn't make any sense...  I'm stuck with El Capitan on one of my machines because its CPU does not support SSE4.1 instruction, so I can't upgrade to Sierra or High Sierra.  So, how in heavens do I make my Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti work on El Capitan?  That is the question...  Thank you for your time and help.  I really appreciate it.

Best regards!

Hi @jcrcarmo

Sorry to disappoint but unfortunately there is no way to install any Pascal based (1030, 1050, 1070 ,1080 and their TI versions) nVidia GPUs on El Capitan because nVidia never released the web drivers for El Capitan and also macOS doesn't support them natively. They only work on Sierra and newer versions of macOS and only with the web drivers that nVidia officially released.

Your macOS simply isn't supported.

Best Regards.

Edited by Cyberdevs
  • Like 1