Nvidia backlight control on HP OMEN ce003na

Jacie950

53 posts in this topic

• 1 year later...

Hi vanadium, we have the same laptop. Acer Predator Helios 500. Mine still has it's stock BIOS (not modded) and installed Sierra 10.12.6. I was trying to copy the patch the you did with your DSDT but I can't make the brightness slider appear in sys pref(my display is not recognized as "applebacklightdisplay"). So I just use your patch to put in my ACPI. It somehow works, my screen would dim versus when before that the brightness was in full blast and I get the brightness slider. Though, it does not work to adjust the brightness. But the problem when I use your DSDT and SSDT-8 is that my sleep would get messed up. It would sleep but then I guess when I wake it up am I just getting the black screen? Hard to tell.

I just want to ask if you had other patches in your DSDT besides the "Brightness fix" you did? Say a "sleep" patch or a "Power management" patch?

Sorry for reviving this old thread but this is just one of the few threads that involves an Acer Predator Helios 500 i7 8750H in its discussion.

Thanks!