Can't get pass 2nd stage boot logo on initial boot and high temperature

winipcfg

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I successfully installed high Sierra 10.13.3 on SSD and updated to 10.13.4 on my x48 775 C2Extreme desktop. But I got a strange problem, when I start the PC by pressing the power button, i.e. first time starting the computer, high Sierra would get stuck at login screen or apple logo progress bar with movable cursor.  The 'cpus=1' bootflag can solve the problem, but this also means a great efficiency loss.

Instead of hard shutting down and boot again, I need to soft reset the system in order to get pass the login screen and enter desktop and finder. The soft reset include choosing reset option in clover, press the computer reset button, enter the bios and quit saving or without saving, etc. Simply speaking, I can get pass verbose mode prompts and get stuck at between second stage boot logo and login screen.

I try to configure some power management setup in bios but none of them helps. Besides I also can't shutdown the high Sierra occasionally by choosing the finder apple logo then shutdown, the cpu temperature rise to 80'C in just 5 minutes, when compared to my windows 10 is around 60'C, would they be the same problem?

Attach is the login screen stuck and clover config.plist, thanks everyone!

My system:
Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
Core 2 Extreme QX9650 C0
4 x Kingston DDR2 800ghz Ram
Galaxy GTX460 1GB
120GB SSD Leven JS500120C, high Sierra installed
250GB seagate ST3250310AS with win10 installed
250GB WDC WD2500JS-08NCB1

screen.jpg

config.plist

Edited by winipcfg