AMD R7 250x high sierra

Lucy183

37 posts in this topic

Just now, LuCyr04 said:

First I need to download HS and install it, for whatever reason my HS copy got corrupted:wallbash:

Ok, that's alright I just need to reinstall High Sierra on my rig as well. I need to test 10.13.6 and see if that still works ( I've been changing several things and I just need to make sure if the clean install is still working with the new release)

In the meanwhile tell me if you are using a Patched DSDT for your rig? because I was using a patched DSDT and apparently that was the issue on my rig.

However 7770/250x GPUs proven to be more complicated to get to work without WhateverGreen.kext

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Ok, that's alright I just need to reinstall High Sierra on my rig as well. I need to test 10.13.6 and see if that still works ( I've been changing several things and I just need to make sure if the clean install is still working with the new release)

In the meanwhile tell me if you are using a Patched DSDT for your rig? because I was using a patched DSDT and apparently that was the issue on my rig.

However 7770/250x GPUs proven to be more complicated to get to work without WhateverGreen.kext

I'm using a patched dsdt but I tried to boot without it at same point and got the same black screen.

DSDT.aml

3 minutes ago, LuCyr04 said:

I'm using a patched dsdt but I tried to boot without it at same point and got the same black screen.

DSDT.aml

I removed the DSDT from my rig, added the RadeonDeInit and/or used the Lilu+WEG combination and it worked.

I'm installing the 10.13.6 as we speak just to make sure. in the meanwhile you can remove the DSDT and add the RadeonDeInit flag or use lilu+weg without injecting anything else in clover and check if that works (if you still have the High Sierra installed)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I removed the DSDT from my rig, added the RadeonDeInit and/or used the Lilu+WEG combination and it worked.

I'm installing the 10.13.6 as we speak just to make sure. in the meanwhile you can remove the DSDT and add the RadeonDeInit flag or use lilu+weg without injecting anything else in clover and check if that works (if you still have the High Sierra installed)

Now it's downloading, I'm pretty sure I tried with lilu+weg and no dsdt, but I'll give another try and radeondeinit without dsdt I'll give a try.

Just now, LuCyr04 said:

Now it's downloading, I'm pretty sure I tried with lilu+weg and no dsdt, but I'll give another try and radeondeinit without dsdt I'll give a try.

I'm installing 10.13.6 as we speak but to be honest because I was trying to get it to work I might have replaced some AMD related kexts that's why I'm reinstalling macOS High Sierra without the DSDT just to make sure. :unsure:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

I'm installing 10.13.6 as we speak but to be honest because I was trying to get it to work I might have replaced some AMD related kexts that's why I'm reinstalling macOS High Sierra without the DSDT just to make sure. :unsure:

You got metal btw? That's why I don't keep HS and use Sierra, if I replace the kexts from Sierra everything is working except metal, system profiler reports metal: yes but in opengl viewer or a game that requires metal isn't present.

4 minutes ago, LuCyr04 said:

You got metal btw? That's why I don't keep HS and use Sierra, if I replace the kexts from Sierra everything is working except metal, system profiler reports metal: yes but in opengl viewer or a game that requires metal isn't present.

I'll give you the updates on metal once the installation is done it might take a while but we will definitely find out ;)

• Like 1

The installation is done but with 10.13.6 I get the black screen :wallbash:

I was either wrong and left some of those kexts in /S/L/E or it might be something else.

I'm testing several options to make sure :(

• Like 1

The installation is done but with 10.13.6 I get the black screen :wallbash:
I was either wrong and left some of those kexts in /S/L/E or it might be something else.
I'm testing several options to make sure

Ok, don't bother too much, thanks for help anyway.

Sent from my OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I will let you know if I find anything interesting
Ok, now I'm installing HS and I'll keep it installed for a while in case you find something.

Sent from my OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1