InsanelyMac Forum
MetalBreaker

Stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I noticed some weird behavior with macOS High Sierra. This system was working just fine on Sierra 10.12.5, until I decided to update to High Sierra (10.13.3). The upgrade process went mostly fine I guess, but it got stuck in an infinite spinning wheel which would just keep overlapping. I went into verbose mode, and sure enough, I found "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" repeating over and over along with ACM errors... I'm really lost right now. I can boot in recovery mode and safe mode just fine, when the graphics drivers aren't loaded. Web drivers aren't installed. I installed NvidiaGraphicsFixup, but it didn't fix the issue. I tried deleting the native graphics drivers from macOS and installing web drivers, but it didn't help.

SMBIOS: iMac13,1
Graphics card: ASUS GT630-2GD3 (It's a Fermi card and it needs injection, so I modified my DSDT. Full graphics acceleration worked in Sierra. No Clover injection. I tried using Clover injection instead, I saw no difference.)
CPU: Intel Core i3-3210, iGPU disabled in UEFI

All kexts updated to their latest versions, along with Clover.

37556424-00bd77ca-29f6-11e8-96b0-1ad032283468.JPG

For more info, you can refer to the GitHub issue where I posted it. https://github.com/lvs1974/NvidiaGraphicsFixup/issues/3

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time!

config.plist

Edited by MetalBreaker

Advertisement

if you have installed Nvidia web driver try this config

in clover bootmenu press F11 (clear nvram) then try to boot

that loop error is very old error and was solved with latest clover and lilu/nvidiagraphicsfixup kext

config.plist

Posted (edited)

Hi fabiosun. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I tried the configuration file you attached, but I'm still getting the same issue.

The issue also happens with native drivers (as of High Sierra). Some people say it's a result of a multi-GPU setup but my iGPU is disabled in the UEFI, and I can't see it in the system report... The system worked perfectly in Sierra. I'm really lost and I'm quickly losing hope. I just wanted to try out iOS development... :(

Edited by MetalBreaker