Old ethernet cards in recent macOS releases

ITzTravelInTime

1 post in this topic

I have started this thread to discuss about old and very cheap ethernet cards working in the latest macOS releases, cards who just uses old ethernet controllers or are new and cheap cards with old ethernet controllers, this thread is just to discuss about such cards and also to have a list in the first post with reported working cards with drivers linked.

To contribute you have to report which card of this kind is working for you and which driver or method you followed to get it wo work and also which issues you have, and then it will be added in the list.

I start reporting cards which worked for me, yours will be added in the future:

intel 8255X based cards:

just works using the AppleIntel8255X kext (look in the attachments) and seems to be stable with no issues

And also there are some cards i am curious to see if can work with mac, so i leave this part at the end of the post, do you know if it's possible to get realtek pci (not pci express) ethernet cards working in the latest mac os? i have a few of them and i have difficulties fining drivers for mac, having a driver for the latest mac wil help me in creating also a youtube video with the cheapest hackintosh compatible ethernet cards

AppleIntel8255x.kext.zip