USB drives ejected during sleep ONLY when XMP is enabled in BIOS

camillionario

19 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, camillionario said:

USB drives ejected during sleep ONLY when XMP  Profile1 is enabled in BIOS.  PC wake up, but USB ejected.

I appreciate your help.

use this flag and see if that helps:

-uia_exclude_xhc

• Like 1

well I'm sorry I don't know what could be the cause, I used to have this problem with my USB ports and they would eject whatever I had plugged in and I used the custom flag I just gave you and it solved the problem. After a while I created a custom SSDT for my USB ports and I removed that flag and I never had a problem ever since.

12 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

bueno, lo siento, no sé cuál podría ser la causa, solía tener este problema con mis puertos USB y expulsaban lo que tenía enchufado y usé la bandera personalizada que acabo de darle y resolvió el problema . Después de un tiempo creé un SSDT personalizado para mis puertos USB y eliminé esa bandera y nunca más tuve un problema desde entonces.

Okay. You could attach your SSDT to have a look, Maybe my problem is solved.   

With flag, when going to sleep ejects USB, wake up USB is mounted again. the message persists "Disk not ejected properly"
Thank you for your attention

I feel my bad English, Google is responsible

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

I told you my SSDT won't work on your hack because it is created specifically for my rig. You need to create a custom SSDT for your USB ports.

Which BIOS version do you use?

Your SSDT if it worked to recognize USB ports. The problem when going to sleep / wake up, external devices do not mount them except keyboard and mouse BTH.
I currently use F7 BIOS in Z270 gaming k3. If XMP is disable the external USB devices are mounted.

25 minutes ago, camillionario said:

Your SSDT if it worked to recognize USB ports. The problem when going to sleep / wake up, external devices do not mount them except keyboard and mouse BTH.
I currently use F7 BIOS in Z270 gaming k3. If XMP is disable the external USB devices are mounted.

Do you have XMP enabled in your config.plist? under "Boot" you can select XMPDetection that might help.

3 minutes ago, camillionario said:

What should I select: yes or 1 or 2? 

5aa570885b8f1_Capturadepantalla2018-03-11alas19_06_46.png.97f0382e3ca18ea43c917a9da9b3c36e.png

Select Yes and choose the 1 or 2 in regard of the XMP profile that you are using in the BIOS/UEFI. As far as I know recent Gigabyte mainboards only have one XMP profile so you should select yes and 1.

1 hour ago, camillionario said:

Nothing, I have tried 1 and 2 with the same result. Will it have something to do with the voltage of the ram?

I guess not, do you have a patched DSDT or any SSDTs? or are you using any ACPI patches in regard to your USB ports?

For example do use change EHC1 to EH01 and change change EHC2 to EH02 patches?