Problem while I install MacOS

musicomputer

36 posts in this topic

Helllo.I am new here.And I don't think I can speak English is very well.Please forgive me,thanks.

My computer contains Athlon 760k,ddr3 8gb of memory,ASUS a55bm-e main board,gts250tc1g of graphic card(Gpu-Z reports video memory 512mb.),two 1tb Seagate of hard disks.And sound card is ALC887,net card is RTL8111.

I used a 10.13.3 image of the LingXi-great God.(Great God……Microsoft translator tells me this.I just mean someone who is capable or powerful or niubility.)(Name of image is lingxi_AMD_Ryzen_macOS_10.13.3.)I make the computer start up form the usb disk,but it was failed.To speak shortly,it spent more than ten minutes time,but restart finally.And It can report “No signal" if I asked it start up with -x and -f.Oh,the image contains clover.I change config to injectNV because Internet told me HighSierra needed graphic card and nv_disable=1 is not useful.And I also put NVDANV50HalTesla.kext in the clover/kexts/10.13 of folder.It is said NVDANV50Hal supports gts250.

One picture shows kexts in the clover/kexts/10.13 of folder.Anthor file is config.plist.

I have I recorded the boot video.How can I upload it?Which of net disk can be ok?I can't youtube and google in my country.

Thanks!

Oh,wait,where are my files?Let me try upload these again.

Wait,how can I upload my files successfully?Why I can't see them!

config.7z

Graphics card is gt210 or GTX 250?

My GT 210 works in 13.3 but I’m not sure about GTX cards.

I’m sorry but I only have my phone right now and can’t look at your file yet. Later I can check.

Ok,thanks.My graphics card is gts250, made by g92.I think your gt210 is older than mine.Which have you used,injectNV or Nvidia Web driver?By the way,in MacOS 10.13, does the video card have to be driven?It is said nv_disable=1 was not useful in 10.13,but any useful method?Thanks.

Oh,it is 2:25(am,not 14:25) in my country.I wil go bed later.What is the time in your country?

10:30 am I’m working will be home tonight 6:00 or about 8 hours.

I only use Nvidia inject = true. Nothing else you can use clover boot screen to check this.

Oh.Have you use the original image or modified image?Does your image have NVDANV50Hal.kext?If you have,can you please copy it to me,thanks.Maybe my driver is not right.

I only use original Mac OS drivers and install from App Store. No drivers in clover just inject Nvidia.

Oh,I think you are lucky dog.There are many people use third party drivers,and also unavailable driver.But you just only use the original drivers!I just mean,can you look up in folder of sle(system/library/extensions) and look for NVDANV50hal.kext?If there is it,please copy it to me.I think maybe my driver is not very fit for graphics card.

It is 3:15 now.I will go bed now.I just have watched some TV series(or TV shows) on the Internet.It is so late that I must go bed.Maybe I will reply you in the afternoon or evening.It will be 0 to 5 in your country.

This is a free app from the apple store called OpenGL Veiwer. It shows which drivers for graphics are present in the software, or it is supposed to. It’s not always 100% accurate but it generally shows which graphics cards have native macOS drivers.

Other good apps are:

DCPIManager (github?)

IORegistry explorer

Xcode

Text wrangler

All of these are free apps that help to find and edit the software to make it work for hackintosh.

Are you using a virtual image? I have no experience with this type of setup but there are people here that may know how to get it working. I think there are threads here to search out for it.

@shaneee may be a good source to point you in the right direction for loading images he has a lot of experience with AMD installs and also has a website that may also be useful AMDOSX.

This is a free app from the apple store called OpenGL Veiwer. It shows which drivers for graphics are present in the software, or it is supposed to. It’s not always 100% accurate but it generally shows which graphics cards have native macOS drivers.

Other good apps are:

DCPIManager (github?)

IORegistry explorer

Xcode

Text wrangler

All of these are free apps that help to find and edit the software to make it work for hackintosh.

Are you using a virtual image? I have no experience with this type of setup but there are people here that may know how to get it working. I think there are threads here to search out for it.

@shaneee may be a good source to point you in the right direction for loading images he has a lot of experience with AMD installs and also has a website that may also be useful AMDOSX.

Thanks.Maybe there are something missing from my image ,maybe they've been downsized.But where can I find the original driver for gts250?It is said NVDANV50Hal.kext is the driver,but I haven't find it,but NVDANV50HalTesla.kext.

I want to use hackintosh,not virtual machine.I have been there(amd-osx.com) for help,but no one has helped me.Maybe have I send topic wrong in there?(Do I need to wash hands then send again?)

But I think maybe the important problem is not graphics card is not driven.I think the most puzzling problem is the automatic restart of the computer when booting into the MacOS installation disk.

By the way,I am very glad to see your reply.This is my first time that I communicate on an international BBS and speak to a foreigner by this way.I think I am a little excited.I want to make friends with you.

Never heard of that image before but if it instals the AMD kernel along with macOS then the system should boot. The NVDANV50Hal kext is present on 10.13 both in the installer and installed system. The installer may have removed them to cure boot issues for some reason. It should be located in System/Library/Extensions. 

• Like 2

Thanks.Maybe there are something missing from my image ,maybe they've been downsized.But where can I find the original driver for gts250?It is said NVDANV50Hal.kext is the driver,but I haven't find it,but NVDANV50HalTesla.kext.

I want to use hackintosh,not virtual machine.I have been there(amd-osx.com) for help,but no one has helped me.Maybe have I send topic wrong in there?(Do I need to wash hands then send again?)

But I think maybe the important problem is not graphics card is not driven.I think the most puzzling problem is the automatic restart of the computer when booting into the MacOS installation disk.

By the way,I am very glad to see your reply.This is my first time that I communicate on an international BBS and speak to a foreigner by this way.I think I am a little excited.I want to make friends with you.

Shaneee is right it is in S/L/Extensions folder.

post-1753549-0-16349500-1520035855_thumb.png

Never heard of that image before but if it instals the AMD kernel along with macOS then the system should boot. The NVDANV50Hal kext is present on 10.13 both in the installer and installed system. The installer may have removed them to cure boot issues for some reason. It should be located in System/Library/Extensions. 

Thanks.Can I use the kernel which is compatible with 10.12.4 for 10.13.3?If not,can you give a kernel which is compatible with macos 10.13.3 and athlon 760k?

Can I put graphics driver in the folder of clover/kexts/10.13?Or I must put it in the sle?

Then,what is the different of NVDANV50Hal.kext and NVDANV50HalTesla.kext?It is said NVDANV50Hal.kext is the driver of gts250,but I haven't find it on internet of my country,I have used NVDANV50HalTesla.kext .Maybe is it not fit for my graphics card(gts250)?

Third,which possible causes was them of restarted automatically the computer while it was booting to the MacOS install environment?I know,this is a big problem.But I want to know the possible reasons.It restarted so fast that I can't take picture of the error code.

Forth,must MacOS 10.13.3 driven the graphics card before installation?It is said nv_disable=1 is not fit for the MacOS 10.13.3,but what I need to do the graphics card(gts250)?

Finally,I know these problems are very amazed,so I say thanks again, beg you.(Maybe "beg you" is not right,but I think it can express my meaning.)

Shaneee is right it is in S/L/Extensions folder.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-03-02 at 4.04.47 PM.png

No.We are mentioning NVDANV50Hal.kext,but there are not it in your picture,but there are NVDANV50HalTesla.kext.

On 2018/3/4 at 3:13 AM, Shaneee said:

If you don't get any output after verbose boot or get stuck at IOConsoleUsers then the card isn't supported on 10.13 You might want to try an older version of macOS.

Yes.The computer was stopped at IOConsoleUsers when I used -x and -f.But it restarted automatic when I didn't use -x or -f.Do I need to change graphics card?Oh,I have changed config of clover,maybe I have made some wrong.Can you recommend some clover tutorials?And I put csmvideodxe-64.efi in the folder of efi/clover/driver64uefi.

Guest ricoc90

Your card isn't supported anymore. Like Shaneee said, you could try an older version of macOS or get a new graphics card. The GT 710 works OOB and is relatively cheap.

12 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

Your card isn't supported anymore. Like Shaneee said, you could try an older version of macOS or get a new graphics card. The GT 710 works OOB and is relatively cheap.

Oh..Gts250 can not be used with MacOS 10.13.3 anymore?I wish I have read wrong!So,I can not use gts250 if I want to use MacOS 10.13.3,can I?I feel bad with it.But anyway,I thank you for reply.

Guest ricoc90
2 hours ago, musicomputer said:

Oh..Gts250 can not be used with MacOS 10.13.3 anymore?I wish I have read wrong!So,I can not use gts250 if I want to use MacOS 10.13.3,can I?I feel bad with it.But anyway,I thank you for reply.

Correct. Up to Yosemite should be fine. *Maybe* El Capitan too.
The last thing you could try to make the card work under High Sierra is using the WebDrivers, which you can find here. But I doubt that it'll work.