RTM Users Please Read

rollcage

8 posts in this topic

Anyone using Vista RTM (especially people running it through bootcamp!), could you please try something simple for me? Press and hold Ctrl + Alt for a few seconds. Anything happen? Could you please let me know? Just wondering if it is me specifically, or if it does it for others too. Thanks for your help!

ok, thanks. i did it last night and i got a BSOD. i was like :), but i tried it again and it did the same thing. my comp. just restarted, and was fine after, but it's still weird. if i hit ctrl + alt + del it's fine, but just the two keys alone gets me a BSOD.

just wondering if this was a widespread bug (or maybe MS just wants us to have easy access to BSODs?), but i guess not. well, if anyone else wishes to try it, it would be much appreciated. maybe it just has something to do with my playing around in the registry :P

it must have been the registry tweaks that i had tried. they were ones that worked in xp to end programs faster upon shutdown/logout. i removed them and haven't been able to get the error since. sorta stupid of me to think that something like that from xp would work in vista i guess, but it was worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...