About Just Joined group Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Punkdat

Help to buy Macbook for Video Editing

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

I’m starting a designing course and I’ve been told a Macbook is the best option to handle specific softwares like adobe Photoshop perfectly.

Right now, i’m studying in Lisbon, Portugal. So, I would need to buy it from some Portuguese store, in case I need to claim warranty.

Anyway, I started my search and found som results, fort some Portuguese stores , i’ll leave a link below.

I'm aware that a desktops like a Mac Pro would be a much suitable solution, but I need a laptop to take to classes.

I think a 13” Model is enough since the retina screen helps me see details better, but I don’t understand the software requirements for each type of software.

What do you guys think I sould buy?

Feel free to make any question or suggestion!

My research:https://www.tecmagnet.com/produtos/equipamento/portateis?pagina=1&q=Apple+-+13%22+-+13-9%22+-+&id_marca=13&query=%5B%5B%2219%22%2C%2269%22%5D%5D

Advertisement
For Macbook Pro I recommend the 13' model with i7 and 16GB of RAM (minimum).

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 20.59.48.png

But you can build a hackintosh, a neighbor close to you has builded one, using a Lenovo IdeaPad 320.  ;)

Little late. But if you are still not done, you can check out from any friend whether 13 or 15 inch is comfortable as I always prefer large screen for designing works.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By ltooz_audis
      This is how I would create my first hackintosh MacBookPro 13,2 on HP EliteBook 820 G3. I selected this one as an example because it has Ethernet and it. can be made as a perfect MacBookPro 13,2. This procedure will actually work with all Laptops and Desktops too. Watch the videos carefully.
      1. Gather all information about the hardware, download solftware, create flash drive installer with Catalina using Clover and OpenCore boot loaders.

2. Understand the files inside boot loader and create the config files for both Clover and OpenCore boot loader.

3. Actual installation and post installation.

Install macOS Catalina to External USB Hard Drive.

Patch DSDT and SSDTs for perfect Sleep/Wake and USB ports power.

Use External USB Wifi

Install DW1820A instead of DW1560 for BT4.0 and Wifi.
      Patch AppleALC For Audio Codecs

Cheers,
      Louis
    • By Galan-od
      I collected the program for operation, I share with you, it is possible not I one in this sphere I work.
      The program converts video and sends to the FTP-server, checks comparing the size in bytes, generates a XML metadata file, in case of a breakaway of connection with the Internet there is an opportunity to resume transmission of the file to the server. If in the program to open a video file in the course of conversion (for example Faynal Katom), the program passes into a standby mode and only after completion of conversion will take it in processing. There is an opportunity to disconnect coding (FFmpeg), having left only FTP the Client (Curl).
      The password is stored in "Bunch of keys"

The yellow smilie designates successful transmission, and red an error.

With a question mark - the program couldn't determine the size, it is possible because of characters #?, etc.

In case of the first start of the program folders/Desktop/FastLaunch/Results are created, in the Results folder there are video files in operation, after unloading on the server video files go to the FastLaunch folder.
      The Clear button cleans the Results folder on that case if decided not to send files.

I collected the program with the help
      Platypus, Pashua
      ffmpeg, mediainfo, alerter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UL7gNVcSe5IrPemcy9qUUUTPbGKcmkAF/view?usp=sharing
    • By ltooz_audis
      Create a MacBookPro 13,2 from HP EliteBook 820 G3 - Skylark i7-6600u HD520 for Apple Ecosystem.

Cheers,
      Louis
    • By rich_mark
      I connected the external hard drive to my Macbook Pro grey screen of death appears. Now I have a bad feeling this might cause the 128GB my essential data loss. Please help and any suggestion would be appreciated!
    • By gurrkin
      Website

Feature Requests/Issues

SVG Splash is a beau­ti­ful­ly sim­ple SVG paint­ing ap­pli­ca­tion for col­or­ing SVGs. No ac­count re­quired or set­tings to con­fig­ure. Open and get start­ed im­me­di­ate­ly. 
      Key fea­tures:
      - Beau­ti­ful, sim­ple in­ter­face
      - Fill and/or stroke col­or modes
      - Ad­vanced col­or se­lec­tor with RGBA sup­port
      - One click save
      - Tabs for edit­ing mul­ti­ple SVGs at once, with pre­views
      - Eye­drop­per for ex­tract­ing col­ors
      - Copy SVG XML with one click
      - Dark mode
      - Gra­di­ents
      - Re­order tabs
      - Ex­port to PNG