RX 480 Not recognized correctly

vpac

104 posts in this topic

x99, is not easy way to sleep xD

put micro in sleep some time, reproduce error and after run in terminal

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

oh, that is not great news. When I put the system to sleep it seems to wake up fine when I hit the keyboard. It is when the system goes all the way to sleep and the fans turn off and the system looks like it is powered off that I am not able to wake it up unless I hit the power button. 

I will let it got to sleep and then I will run your command

Thanks!!

• Like 1

MaLd0n

I ran the command and I think it executed. Where should the file be?

BTW, I may have fixed it! I just changed the sleep options inside of OSX and told it not to shut down the computer when the monitor is asleep.

The only issue I still see is that sometimes the numbers on top of the main keyboard do not work and I must use the numeric pad. I have had the system determine the correct keyboard, but it still does not always work correctly.

• Like 1

ok. I'll see about that. By the way, Have you ever tried to make a Thunderbolt port work under High Sierra? 

Once I add the board, it does not want to boot any more  :( 

I am getting the message when I boot 

Aptiomemoryfix(R8): Starting \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

Hibernate wake: no

does printf work??

It has somehow gotten confused. All I did was try to boot with the Thunderbolt card. Then I removed it since it was not working

I just went in the BIOS and turned Thunderbolt off in the BIOS. Now it boots fine again.

I guess I am not able to use the Thunderbolt? I searched a little bit and people said they had made it work. Maybe they did something custom?

BTW, I have another stupid question. That last Clover file you sent me boots with the standard Clover GUI, but it has the BeautyDark theme enabled just like the previous version. FOr some reason, it does not show that theme. I can live with it, but I don't know why it does this.

try new version of AptioMemoryFix

ok. I will track it down, but I have a question. I was putting the kext files in Clover and it was easier (for me anyway) to swap them out. I know you had me put them into the L/E and run Kextutility. Do I just replace the file and run kextutility again or do I need to run some process to remove it from the L/E?

Thanks!

Never mind. I see it is not a kext. 

• Like 1

ok, the latest version I could find was R12

Now I get a different message but it still has a problem

AptioMemoryFix(R12): Starting \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

AMF: Not using custom memory pool - Not Found

does printf work??

u can use in Clover/Kexts/Other, Library/Extensions(prefer) or System/Library/Extensions

in clover folder, just reboot, in l/e or s/l/e run kextutility

Thank You for explaining.

last version

attachicon.gifAptioMemoryFix.efi.zip

MaLd0n

This is all very confusing. Your version was also R12 but it allows me to boot when I have my Windows SSD in the system with my Mac SSD. Mine did not boot OSX when I had my Windows SSD in the system. They were both the same version. I do not know why there is a difference.

I think I will remove my Windows SSD and see if the system will boot properly if I put the Thunderbolt back in. 

Is there a place that is best to find these files? Maybe I looked in the wrong place?

• Like 1

Hello MaLd0n

I spent most of today working through my Windows install and it seems to be working fine. The Thunderbolt is seen fine. When I went back to boot High Sierra, it stops once again with

AptioMemoryFix(R12): Starting \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

AMF: Not using custom memory pool - Not Found

does printf work??

Do you have any suggestions that I might try except to remove the Thunderbolt board?

• Like 1

MaLd0n:

I found that I could boot into OSX without removing the Thunderbolt board, but I must turn Thunderboard support off in the BIOS. 

But I am not able to boot into OSX if I have Thunderbird turned on in the BIOS.

use slide=128 in BootArgs

ok. I thought that was already in Clover but I will add it in the BootArgs

I just checked MaLd0n. It is already there.

I do not even know what I can send you that would help you figure this out. I can't send you anything until I am booted in OSX and I can't boot if I have Thunderbolt turned on. If I have it turned off and send you a dump, it will not show any problems with Thunderbolt turned off. Is there a way to get you any valuable information that you can use?

if already, remove, let the driver work

press F11 in Clover boot screen for clear nvram

How do I let the driver work? You mean to turn the Thunderbolt back on?

If I understand you correctly, you want me to leave Thunderbolt turned off and reboot but to press F11 in Clover when booting. Is that correct?

ok. I went to Clover boot screen, hit F11 and it booted fine (with Thunderbolt off).

I went to BIOS and turned Thunderbolt on, went to Clover boot screen and hit F11, then booted again. It gave me the same error. No difference with F11

I hope this is helpful to you.

• Like 1

try a old driver 

https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/

but is strange, new driver work in all cases(almost  :lol: )

ok. I will try this one

ok, I tried OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and it gives me this error.

Freeing low memory (up to 0x20000000)...

Result=0

OsxAptiofixDrv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake:no

does printf work??

There is one more solution that I can try on his website. Let me try that and I will let you know if that works

The other solution was to try OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi along with Test2-2016.efi

This also failed with

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no

OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): can not allocate relocation block (0x19D65

pages below 0x100000000): Not Found

no. It is frustrating. I am not able to get the Thunderbolt to work and not able to get an LSI 9361-8i to work. I saw there was a kext for the older 92XX boards to work, but so far no luck with this either.

They are the last two things.

Hello MaLd0n :

I sollicite your help another time :

​I readed this tread and I have issue with my RX 580 I related in another tread :

When I had installed High Sierra in my X299 build I applied the following graphics seettings for my RX 580 :

1/ RadeonDelnit in config.plist and watevergreen and lilu kexts in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and CPU ssdt.aml in ACPI/Patched

So my benchmark wasn't good about 55 fps

My system was stable sleep and wake with one clic on mouse.

2/ I did some research to improve that :

I set one change  enable-baffin-CUs.sh ellsmere 36

But another time my benchmark wasn't good about 55 fps

3/ I tried another way :

I removed only  watevergreen and lilu kexts :

I can boot my GPU was recognized as R9 XXX

but this time bingo the benchmark was quite good about 108 fps

But another problem this time I had sleep issue my build was randomly rebooting to wake.

Witch way to have graphics and sleep /wake  good ? 

I think you could help me another time ( it should be nice ! )  :wink_anim: 

Send me laurents-imac-pro.home.zip

but is strange, the new driver from vit6969 solve all problems about it ;)

I know. I wish I was able to look into it and fix it myself but I just do not have the expertise. 

I will continue to see what I can do to make things work. The higher priority right now is to make the system see my SAS drives so that I have more than my SSD available to work with.

It works fine with windows, but of course, it is not seen by OSX. There was a kext file made by someone that supported LSI 92XX cards but it does not recognize my 93XX card. I don't know how to make it do that.

• Like 1

Hello MaLd0n

Device (RTC)
                {
                    Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
                    Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
                    {
                        IO (Decode16,
                            0x0070,             // Range Minimum
                            0x0070,             // Range Maximum
                            0x00,               // Alignment
                            0x02,               // Length
                            )
                    })
                }

check real time clock

I know. I wish I was able to look into it and fix it myself but I just do not have the expertise. 

I will continue to see what I can do to make things work. The higher priority right now is to make the system see my SAS drives so that I have more than my SSD available to work with.

It works fine with windows, but of course, it is not seen by OSX. There was a kext file made by someone that supported LSI 92XX cards but it does not recognize my 93XX card. I don't know how to make it do that.

i think have it here in forum, i see it in HP tread, i don't remember where, i'll check

• Like 2